Pale v. Wheat LME...What is the Difference?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pweizman

Reaction score
I can't really find that much information on this.

I see that most Wheat LME are 65/35 (wheat / barley).

What is pale LME?

And...if I make mostly wheat or Wit beers...which should I use Pale or Wheat?

I have mainly been using 4.5-6 lbs of Wheat LME.

Thanks,
Patrick

Sweet. Thanks for the answers guys.

What type of flavor difference would be noticeable with one versus the other.

Also, for Belgians, what is preferred?

Thanks,
Patrick

Sweet. Thanks for the answers guys.

What type of flavor difference would be noticeable with one versus the other.

Also, for Belgians, what is preferred?

Thanks,
Patrick

The wheat malt will produce less malt flavor in the beer. Less body & mouth feel.

It depends on what style of Belgian beer your making. For a Belgian wheat beer use the wheat malt for all other Belgians use the pale.

Some people love wheat beers, and others do not. I'm in the "do not" camp. I dislike wheat beers, so I rarely make them unless brewing for a friend.

If you like hefeweizens, wits, American wheats, etc, then you can use the wheat extract to make them.

Some people love wheat beers, and others do not. I'm in the "do not" camp. I dislike wheat beers, so I rarely make them unless brewing for a friend.

If you like hefeweizens, wits, American wheats, etc, then you can use the wheat extract to make them.

I don't like American wheat beer but the hefe and wit beers I find very tasty. I brew at least one batch of hefe every year. Weizenbock is probably one of my favorite styles. I brew an Aventinus clone at least twice a year.

Back