Pale Ale - When will you be ready to go!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabimkbrewer

Reaction score
Hello,

Just bottle pale ale from brewers best. The instructions say about 2 weeks - What is your estimation for carbonation for this pale ale? Rule of thumb? or if if you did this kit how much time would you suggest to leave it for carbonation.

thanks!

Mk.

I think two weeks is the norm with most styles to carbonate properly.

Now some say some beers age better than others such as stouts and porters. I do not like those styles so I cannot say for sure. IPAs you do not want them to age.

From my recent experience i actually got good carbed extract beer in 10 days once! I think it was because i bottled after 7 days in the bucket so it was still releasing CO2.

I never tried it again - i bottled it because it was in an open bucket with a towel over it and the foam had dropped for several days. Started learning how to use the hydrometer shortly after so i have no idea what the gravities were.

2 weeks is the safe bet. :)

Edit: There was a bunch of Earwigs in the basement at the time too! They are mostly dead now from the cold :D

From my recent experience i actually got good carbed extract beer in 10 days once! I think it was because i bottled after 7 days in the bucket so it was still releasing CO2.

I never tried it again - i bottled it because it was in an open bucket with a towel over it and the foam had dropped for several days. Started learning how to use the hydrometer shortly after so i have no idea what the gravities were.

2 weeks is the safe bet. :)

Edit: There was a bunch of Earwigs in the basement at the time too! They are mostly dead now from the cold :D

oh canada - How she goin eh?? thanks for the advised, today is date 8 for the bottle beer so I'm cooling 1 down to see how that work out.

oh canada - How she goin eh?? thanks for the advised, today is date 8 for the bottle beer so I'm cooling 1 down to see how that work out.

8 days in the bottle? It will be fine IME. I don't know if its my water or something but i seem to be making good beer much faster then most people. Unless, i just like "green beer".

Back