PA Brewers UNTIE!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfan

Nice Beaver....
Reaction score
er..uh...UNITE! We brewers here in the great keystone state of beer (NOT Keystone beer) need to get together to trade brews, tell lies, meet spies...

Post your locations here and we can plan on a place to meet. I was thinking sometime at the end of March (can't interfere with the Cardboard Classic from MMR:D ) Then we can plan a bulk buy of materials and setup a brewfest for early summer.:ban:

Philly here. Anybody up for meeting up at the Craft Beer Festival on March 3?

P.S. Isn't it "dyslexics of the world ... untie"? :D

Mar 3 would be pushing it for me. I'm running a big conference in Myrtle Beach and won't get home until the 2nd. Besides, the WMMR cardboard Classic is that weekend. Hmmmm...Craft beers or Preston & Steve with a load of hot snow bunnies...

I'm in Baltimore, but a PA native. If you'd have me, I'd drive up. My roommate is also a brewer, so it would be 2 of us.

Anything south/east of Harrisburg area would be ideal for us. Lancaster/Philly is no problem.

I'm one of the two to which Todd was referring. I'm about 30 miles north of Harrisburg.

ayrton said:
I'm one of the two to which Todd was referring. I'm about 30 miles north of Harrisburg.

Ayrton - are you Tom, If not then there are 3..

I'd be all for Lancaster. Would this be a brew get together or just a gathering? I'm all for meeting more local people. Just let us know when. March in PA can be a bit chilly though so maybe May would be better.

Hopfan said:
...the WMMR cardboard Classic is that weekend...

Does WMMR still host the Louie, Louie parade on Chestnut? I remember the Comedy Works there above the Middle East Restaurant...anyway, I've been there and had a ball with my kazoo...Joe Bag 'o Donuts still alive? I still have relatives in So Phillly.

(In case you're perplexed, I used to live in So Philly and in K&A ('86) and I'm a Jerseyite :D ...I just live in IL).

Late notice of course by the BJCP program w/ keystone homebrew & Iron Hill is starting tonight at the Spinnerstown hotel.

Doylestown checkin in

homebrewer_99 said:
Does WMMR still host the Louie, Louie parade on Chestnut? I remember the Comedy Works there above the Middle East Restaurant...anyway, I've been there and had a ball with my kazoo...Joe Bag 'o Donuts still alive? I still have relatives in So Phillly.

(In case you're perplexed, I used to live in So Philly and in K&A ('86) and I'm a Jerseyite :D ...I just live in IL).
Louie Louie is history. Joe Bag o Donuts mostly lives on in Pierre's mind. Funny, I grew up in Jersey. I ended up in Chicago by way of FL, the UK, Canada, DE and now I'm about an hour west of Philly.

Bump. When we do get around to doing our brew-together, we will need a place with a big yard (and a kicka** grill). I will offer mine up but I am a bit on the outskirts of most of you. The Lancaster offer is a bit far for the Pocono area folks. Anybody here from Berks or Schuylkill?

My offer still stands. I'm 1.5 miles from exit 286 on the Pa. TP in Reamstown. The weekend of May 19-20 is out for me. Any other time should be good.

I never visit this section of the forum, glad I did today.

I live in Aston, south east delco. I would like to meet up...

Poconos checking in. But I frequently visit Philly and Lancaster areas.

Evets said:
My offer still stands. I'm 1.5 miles from exit 286 on the Pa. TP in Reamstown. The weekend of May 19-20 is out for me. Any other time should be good.

Evets if you're up for putting something together go for it. I'm sure several of us will show up. Just give plenty of notice.

GADZOOKS!!! :D

Count me in...I'd be up for a bit of a drive. Might have to organize a DD for it though!!! :drunk:

I'm in Middletown, DE (about 1hr drive north to Philly). I've got a big yard and a decent grill, but prob too far of a drive for most.

I called the Desmond Hotel in Malvern today to get more info on their 2007 BREW FEST which is running on March 3rd, the same day as the Philly Craft Beer Fest. The woman said they have 16 brewers booked so far, mostly local... Appalachian, Legacy, Victory, Weyerbacher, Dogfish Head... some German brewers like Spaten, and Woodchuck Ciders.

Supposed to have lots of food, plus cooking demonstrations and tutored beer tasting. Also they are running a shuttle from Paoli station to the hotel.

Sounds like it's a lot smaller but could also be a lot nicer... they have been doing this for nine years so they know what they are doing. The woman said she will post more info on their site this week, so if you're interested: http://www.desmondgv.com/events/index.htm

I'm in the same boat as zoebisch01. I've lived here 7 yrs and have never been to the State College brewfest. The last few years I've wanted to go, but have managed to end up being out of town then :( .

I could possibly host something, maybe piggybacking off the brewfest. I've got a pig cooker :rockin: and I'm always looking for a reason to fire it up. I'd be interested in a group buy.

Hopefully all you central guys are going to harrisburg brewfest in june. I've been 3 years in a row now and I will NOT miss this year either. Book your hotels by March or you'll be sleeping in a comfort inn in south HBG with an 8 block walk to the fest.

I recently have made a very good "friend" in Harrisburg and I just sent her the information for the June festival. If all goes well, I'll see some of you folks there!

Feels good to be back. I've actually been working really hard for the past few months and haven't had time to brew, let alone post anything. Thankfully, or is that unfortunately???, my summer looks to be fairly insane so not even sure if I will have time to brew at all. I would still like for us to get together if someone can take the reigns and designate a spot, otherwise, I can try to get something together this Fall. Hopefully all is well with everyone on the board.

Hopfan said:
er..uh...UNITE! We brewers here in the great keystone state of beer (NOT Keystone beer) need to get together to trade brews, tell lies, meet spies...
:off: For the record PA is actually a commonwealth.;)

You all should consider the Sotudt's beer fest. Annually in June if I remember.....Carol Stoudt, she's the $hit.

Latest posts

Back