Howzit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autonamic

Reaction score
New brewer from Kauai Hawaii. Waiting on my second batch of beer to finish and planning to start my third soon. Brewing on an anvil and fermenting in corny kegs.

Question to those who have difficulties sourcing bulk materials due to their location - I’ve read about people buying ingredients from local craft breweries. We have a couple here. What’s the best way to approach them. Email the business, walk in & ask to talk to the brewer or beer tender? Will most agree or is it a more rare than common?

Thanks and if get anybody from Kauai on here would love to meet up aloha!

What’s the best way to approach them. Email the business, walk in & ask to talk to the brewer or beer tender? Will most agree or is it a more rare than common?

I would go in and talk to the brewer or the owner...the bar tenders generally have 0 pull or anything to do with the brewing side.

I believe it will be up to the person you talk to if they help you out or not...my guess is some will and some won't...worse comes to worse you order from Morebeer and buy 10 lb bags to get the free shipping.

Back