oy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Hey there guys and gals. Sorry I have not been around much. Been hurting. Been hurting bad actually. Docs say I have Spinal Stenosis. It gives me a Sh*t load of pain in lower back, right side of tush all the way down to foot. For those who know me.... I dont know what to say. I kinda feel like I'm falling apart piece by piece you know what I mean? Been 8 weeks with it and I am finally getting somewhere. Saw a Doc who specializes in the spine and pain. Next Thursday I am getting an epidural (not sure if spelled right). Its a shot that goes directly into the spine(doesn't sound pretty) and with therapy is supposed to ger rid of the pain. If it dosen't work he'll give me another one. I was all upset last Thursday cause I got a verbal warning at work for 'sleeeping'. It's cool now as I talked to my boss who generally knows whats going on, but at the time she saw me 'sleeping' I was having a lot of pain and just closed my eyes a bit and breathed a bit you know.

Working on an DF60 Minute clone now.

That sux. Glad to hear it is not interfering with brewing though!

oh and nice ass. ;)

EDIT : got something along those 'lines' for your 2000th?

I've had back problems off and on for years, but not the last decade. Never anything bad enough to need surgery, but both my father & brother went in. Hope the treatment works.

I hope everything works out for you. best of luck.

Michael,
I know what you are going thru, I had a rupture of the disk at L4/5 and had what sounds like the pain you had. Every moment of every day was intense pain, it got so bad that I would cry just trying to get out of the bed. Had surgery 3 yrs ago and so far so good (as I knock on my head).

Hang in there Buddy hopefully they can get you some relief....

Sorry to hear about your back. I hope the treatments work for you. Nothing worse than back pain. Doesn't take much to incapacitate you and it sounds like you have a bunch.

Get well Beer Snob!

Right now I seem to be going through withdraw from pain pills. I've taken about 60 or so of a few in the last 5 or so weeks. Doc gave me 50 mg tabs of predisome till I get to the procedure. Oy my head... feel real sick to my stomach too..... Anyone know how long withdraw last for?

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I know it's been a ruff year or more for you, but know that we're rooting for ya. :rockin:

Ize

Good to hear from you, Michael! We were wondering where you'd been. Sorry to hear you're having trouble again, but hopefully the docs can straighten it out! :mug:

Sorry you arent feeling so hot. Hope you get better.

I was wondering what had happened to you.

- magno

Back