Oxy Clean Alternative?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waskelton4

Reaction score
Hey group,

I have a corny that in need of a good cleaning.
I went to the grocery store last week and the only oxiclean they had was a big tub for $7.50. The finances are kinda tight at the moment so I was wondering if there was another option (or at least a smaller size) for me.

thanks..
ws

waskelton4 said:
Hey group,

I have a corny that in need of a good cleaning.
I went to the grocery store last week and the only oxiclean they had was a big tub for $7.50. The finances are kinda tight at the moment so I was wondering if there was another option (or at least a smaller size) for me.

thanks..
ws

I found some stuff called Sun at Wallymart for $2.00 for a tub. I actually like it better because it's no-foam, dissolves well and rinses clean.

Someone posted that they were having good luck with automatic dishwashing machine soap such as Cascade.

However since it has chlorine in it I would not allow it to soak overnite. A good scrubing with that should clean and sanitize. The problem is rinsing with tap water would negate any sanitation such that I would still want to sanitize after the rinse.

But I have to say Bar Keeper's Friend is the best thing I've ever used on Stainless Steel. Wal-Mart also sells BKF for less than $2.

What about that 42 mule team stuff? Anyone ever try that? I used some to get the labels off my bottles and it worked wonders....

Back