Overcarbed my stout, need advice (serving with beer gas)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paranode

Reaction score
Okay so I have this stout that's been sitting in the keg for a while and I brought it out for a party this weekend. I didn't think I had carbed it at all yet so I hit it with 25psi overnight thinking that would carbonate it just enough then I could connect the beer gas and serve as usual. However I get nothing but foam out of my stout faucet. I took the keg out of the refrigerator yesterday and have been purging it every hour or so then trying to hook it back up and see if I get normal pour but so far I'm still mostly foam. I verified that it's nothing with the system by hooking up another keg with some leftover properly-carbed stout and it poured fine. Is there a better method for de-carbing this beer in a hurry? I need to get it to the right level then chill it for this weekend.

Thanks.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't it be foam coming out of a stout faucet on beer gas?
Then you'll have that cascading effect....

Back