Outdoor hot water for cleaning station.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian123

Reaction score
This is the greatest site ever and I have been reading a lot of in since last year when i started to homebrew. Ive had some happy results so far.
My brew set up is moving and a big concern is a mess in the house.
So i got to thinking how can i get hot water outside. This may also help the guys out there who say " i can't really move forward in brewing untill i can convince my significant other to run plumbing and power to the shed/ garage"
This is my solution, keep in mind this is the prototype and it workes for me but im sure there are some alterations to be made.

This is my first post, just trying to give a little something back for all i've learned.

Ill post some pics and some how to, and if anyone has more questions please feel free to ask.

I see im going to have some issues with sideways pics. Never was good at this sort of thing.

1403446310159.jpg

1403446585576.jpg

Basically its a small water heater on a piece of plywood with castors.
I put a wash basin ontop.
The water heater is fed from any hose and the water heater is 12amps so I hard wired an extension cord to it.
Voila portable outdoor hot water ( in about 20 mins)
This water heater is only 6 gal. but you could go larger or if you had the money and "insta hot" would be amazing.

That is awesome!

I've been thinking with the idea of tapping into the hotwater heater in the garage to provide hot water. This way I can clean with hotwater outside plus when the driveway freezes in the winter I can easily thaw it out.

Ill get better pics soon. I got quite sick since i posted that. Down 14 lbs. Still not sure whats up.
But im bottling my guiness clone and utilizing this at the moment.

Very cool. I put a hose bib on my back patio that has hot and cold water. Its awesome, great for washing the dogs too. It was right under the kitchen sink so tapping the hot was really easy.

There are some great frost free hose bibbs with both hot and cold water available now. I've mostly been installing Moen HC400506 variants which only require a single hole in the house.

Nice job. i really like the idea, not sure i have the space for this but it's something that I will add to my list. My issue is the floor space for this, two motorcycles along with motorcycle lift and two large tool boxes are cutting into my brew stuff space!
I just need to organize and make the room.
Thanks for the post.

Back