I am lucky, I build a brew room outbuilding!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christoff

Reaction score
I am looking forward to planning a brew shed for myself. Well, 1/3 of it will be a guest room/office as well. I am trying to take note of as much information I can find on this page as possible but figured I would go straight to the sources. I have 200 sq ft to work with, probably leaning to 20 x 10 dimensions. Planning on putting storage for equipment, grain, temp control for multiple fermentors, the brew station, etc. My equipment is a Spike Solo, conical, probably getting another one if I can convince myself, whatever ends up being the best for compartmentalized temp control, a mini fridge for hops and yeast. I've some fantastic ideas on this site and some tricks of experience that would make life a lot easier. I'll have power run, 120/240. And I am trying to figure out a way to make it so I can easily wash the floor without messing up the guest couch area. Thanks a lot!!

The first piece of equipment I installed was also the most important, a 3 hole stainless sink with sprayer. The restaurant industry went to 4 hole and i got one hell of a deal.

I brew in a relatively small space. Regarding an easy to clean floor I was stuck with what was there. I had to focus on a system that didn't make a mess on the floor. As a result I brew next to the sink. My braze plate, kettle and pump (when used) can drain directly into the sink. My pulley is on a trolley so when I pull the bag it slides from the kettle to the sink. Maybe a few drips after squeezing. Personally I'm a fan of a single large deep sink. My brew water system is below the sink with the ability to valve off the filter.

Since I have tile bordered with carpet I'm going to add a shower dam (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QZ2D62...olid=27U2AV9DHF2MW&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it) or equivalent to the end of the bar tile. Additionally I'm going to silicon the bottom of the cabinets to the tile so wort doesn't travel if spilled.

One last note I have a bathroom with a walk in shower behind the bar. If you are going to have a small bathroom setting up the shower as a cleaning station is a win!

Good luck

Last edited:
What are your recommendations for fermentation chambers? I would like to be able to ferment at different temps and i often have 3 or 4 fermenting at once. My spike conicial has the temp control package but I don't brew 5 gallon batches often, usually 2-3. Chest freezer would take up a lot of space and the 3 gall wide mouth plastic carboys don't fit in a mini fridge. Thoughts?

Different strokes for different folks,so here's mine (cost is always a factor) I was given a side by side that I took out the water and ice dispenser and all the door shelves, plugged it into a controller and added 3 CO2 lines in the freezer section. When set to 33* in the freezer I can lager 3 corny kegs. in the fridge side I can ferment a lager between 48*-52* on the bottom, and I have a heat wrap with 2 layers of refletex for the top shelf. My total cost was 2-controllers ,14$ each and a heat mat 12$ and I repurposed a CO2 manifold and lines.

Back