Ordering Kegs In Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas_Brew

Reaction score
I'm curious If anyone else buys beer for your kegerator. I have been getting mine from specs so far I got two of (512) brewery kegs from there. but their inventory is only so big and I would like to see if I can find other beers elsewhere. I searched the net and found this page http://www.buykegbeer.com/where-to-get-keg/houston-tx/ but I'm still not satisfied and of course you can go to Fiesta but they only carry BMC. I Emailed The Lone Pint Brewery in Magnolia, Texas asking if I could buy a keg from them and I got a response stating that it would be illegal for them to sell me one. I tried one of their beers on tap at a restaurant I'm just curious If I could open a DBA restaurant and get a liquor license and use it sort of a loop hole to be able to order kegs from micro brewery's. It appears that if you live in Southern California you can have it delivered by King Keg. If anyone here lives in Texas and orders beer for your kegerator. where do you guys buy your kegs?

Even if you did all that I still think they can't sell directly to you. You would have to purchase from a 3rd party like Republic Distributing.

I found a little beer and wine store around my house and they can order just about anything for me.

yeah I'm jealous of you because in Dallas you can go to TotalWine and they carry BJ's Piranha Pale Ale one of my favorites! on the bright side I don't think I can get tired of (512) IPA.

I'm just curious If I could open a DBA restaurant and get a liquor license and use it sort of a loop hole to be able to order kegs from micro brewery's.

You think they just hand out liquor licenses? You can't just declare yourself a restaurant on paper and expect the TABC to do anything but laugh at you. Not to mention the cost of obtaining one. I work in the restaurant industry, and all of our restaurants have liquor licenses, part of my job is maintaining these. No, this is a completely unfeasible, ill-conceived plan. Not trying to come off sounding like a dick or rain on your parade, just trying to save you some time.

You just need to find a distributor near you that sells the keg you are looking for. A lot of liquor stores offer keg beer as well, and might even be able to special order the harder-to-find beers for you.

yeah I'm jealous of you because in Dallas you can go to TotalWine and they carry BJ's Piranha Pale Ale one of my favorites! on the bright side I don't think I can get tired of (512) IPA.

I did not know that they carried BJ's Piranha Pale Ale. I might have to go and check them out. :tank:

I did not know that they carried BJ's Piranha Pale Ale. I might have to go and check them out. :tank:

Parkit Market in Dallas has an excellent selection they can order in, btw. Including 17 BJ's beers.

(off topic for the OP, sorry. I bet there's someone similar in Houston though)

Back