Ordering custom size bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilljack13

That's what she said!
Reaction score
About to order two bags. One for 1 gal tests going into a 2 gal cooler, and a bag for the GF as a backup or just to test.

When inputting the dimensions I assume the final product will be larger to accommodate folding over the rim of the cooler/basket?

I know this is a dumb question but I see the pictures and it makes me want to add extra length.

Give Wilser your actual kettle dimensions and he will make the bag correctly to fit. Yes, there will be enough length.

He has been making bags for us for years. How many complaints do you see posted here?

Give Wilser your actual kettle dimensions and he will make the bag correctly to fit. Yes, there will be enough length.

Regrettably, my experience was different. I gave Wilser my actual kettle dimensions and the bag he made was too short. Mistakes happen: the big problem was Wilser refused to fix his mistake (and I was a repeat customer!)

will probably be just fine.

Did you inquire with Wilser at all before ordering? He is well known here. But I don't know the current status of his operation.
I just searched for BIAB and that's what I found. For some reason I thought it might be the same person/business.

I just searched for BIAB and that's what I found. For some reason I thought it might be the same person/business.
They make good bags. I had one for a while...until I burned a hole in the bag by letting it touch the rim of my propane burner! I then switched to a cheaper bag from MoreBeer (that I suspect was made in the same factory as the brewinabag one, they looked identical). I got a new-to-me 15 gallon kettle a while back and that was a good excuse to get a custom bag from Wilser (along with a custom bag for my 5 gal kettle and some hop bags).

A big selling point for me with Wilser is that the bags are made by hand by a forum supporter here in the US. My Brewinabag.com was made in China, and I have seen other people report theirs are made in the US or in Vietnam (I think). I do really like the draw string on the Wilser bags, but the straps on the Brewinabag had advantages as well. Given that the Wilser bag has less sewn seams, it is easier to clean.

Last edited:
I used my bag with the G40 for my last brew. Efficiency was up to 69.5%. I used it inside the basket. Going to try outside next go and see where I am at.

Latest posts

Back