Ordered Warrior instead of Magnum hops, can I substitute?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver_Alan

Reaction score
The title says it all. I had a brain fart and ordered warrior instead of magnum hops. I had a second brain fart and didn't notice this until I started my mash. I have never used warrior. Are these close enough that I can sub them?

The Warrior are 17.9 AA.
The Magnum are 14.8 AA

I am making 5 gal of RIS
The recipe calls for 1.8 0z Magnum at 90 min
and .9 oz Magnum at 15 min.

The hop substitution chart shows Northern Brewer as a sub but I checked the freezer and only have .35 oz of northern brewer. I do have Chinook and it is listed as a sub for Northern Brewer.

What is my best option?

Thanks

The best option right now is to substitute chinook for magnum, if you have enough chinook. If not, then just use warrior.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I am just going to sub out the small amount of Northern Brewer I have on hand and use the Magnum for the balance reducing the amount due to the higher AA.
Lesson learned Don't wait to brew day to open and inspect your box of ingredients, especially if you are brewing on Sunday and can't run to the local LBS.

Latest posts

Back