One Week in the Bottle ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiGibbs

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bottled my first batch last week after one week in the primary and two weeks in the secondary. I know two weeks is the standard for bottle conditioning but tomorrow is the Super Bowl and my Steelers (GO STEELERS!!!) are playing... What do you think I'll get if I sample a few? I'm thinking of putting 6 in the fridge tonight. If they are not that good, can I leave them in the fridge to continue to condition?
Thanks,
Jimi

Go for it Jimi. I only lasted six days before I couldn't stand it anymore and opened up a bottle of carbonated heaven. Besides, tomorrow's a beer drinking holiday. Although I must say, it definitely gets better with each passing week!

I'd try one today and see what you think. It probably won't be too good, but hey, who knows? If you like it, go ahead and drink them tomorrow. If not, you can just wait another couple of weeks until it tastes really good.

I don't know of anyone here who can honestly say that they waited until their beer was really ready before they sampled some.

It'll be green! WAIT! (Although drink one yourself to steady your nerves and 'taste test' before the superbowl!;) )

They probably won't be carbed up enough, and a touch on the sweet side, but go for it if it tastes good!

One thing--if they aren't carbed up enough, you'll have to take them out of the fridge for that to finish, way too cold for the yeast to work thier magic. :D

It would be good for you to taste one at any rate. The only way to know your beer better is to know how it tastes and smells in the process. I would not expect much, as Dude said it will probably not be carbed enough. Although you did not say which type of beer it is... stouts are actually real good on the low side of carbonation. One week is as good as a time period as any to give it a taste test though:)

Back