One of these things is not like the others

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i ordered 8 hop rhizomes and 3 were cascades... all of them are happily growing.... but as i was outside today taking a gander at my babies i realized this ones not the same! Look at the leaf structure!

The other two cascades have leaves like this:

So did i screw it up? I swear the little baggie the rhizomes were in, said cascades. But the leaves here dont lie... they look like the ones growing on my Mount Hood vine. I only ordered one mount hood rhizome, do you guys think they gave me 2?

Possible they messed up..... But those leaves look like my nugget, perle,chinook, and cascade..... How ever my centennial looks like mary jane.... In my experience as the plants grow they start to look similar...... Till you get to smell the difference in the cones.... Hoppy growing!!🍻

When the shoots come up, they aren't always uniform in how their leaves look. They don't even stay the same as they mature, either. I would trust that you have whatever you ordered.

I think my Cascade and Chinook both looked like your first picture when they popped up.

Ok! Good to know! Perhaps its just an undercover deceiving cascade. Nice try you lil bugger...

I'll just have to do some official sniff test comparisons when things get a little more rowdy over here 😉

Thanks for the info

my centennial looks like mary jane...

Yea.... mine too. Across the street from the neighbors that are behind my house, is the police station... so they'll definitely be able to see these soon... i hope the cops knock on my door with questions...

"Yes officer, i thought growing pot across the street from the police station would be super inconspicuous"

Last edited:
Yea.... mine too. Across the street from the neighbors that are behind my house, is the police station... so they'll definitely be able to see these soon... i hope the cops knock on my door with questions...

"Yes officer, i thought growing pot across the street from the police station would be super inconspicuous"

If cops come to your house thinking you have 9' tall pot with 5 petal leaves they're the worse drug cop ever.

Latest posts

Back