Old Sol - new label(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riromero

Reaction score
I need help with this one... Which is best: the solar flare or the sun medallion?
Recommended improvements from this forum are always indispensable if you have any.

Solar flare version:
OldSol_v2.jpg

Sun Medallion version:
OldSol_v3.jpg

It's a tough decision between the two. My deciding factor is the image of the sun. It almost looks like a chewed up tennis ball. Although I like the typography in the solar flare better.

Both have great color and layout. Great work! :mug:

p.s. the ABV varies between the two.

I like the first one, there is alot you can do with that concept, by changing the Sun graphic and background to represent different seasons or different beer styles, such as; a winter warmer with a sun cresting a snow covered peak, or a eclipse stout with black label and soft edge glow.

Based (loosely) upon some comments regarding the suitability of the title, here's an updated version with modified lettering.

I'm still struggling with this. The medallion version is more attractive but seems the solar flare conveys summer heat better. Maybe I should use a different IR photo of the sun?

OldSol_v4.jpg

I think you should try combining the two...use the medalion (maybe the font) on the first label. If it clashes too much you could add some vibrant yellow highlights to the medallion.The second one does have a desert sand, sun baked kind of feel, so it's not like it doesn't work. And the light tans go with the "blonde" aspect of it. But the the bright yellows and orange definitely scream "SUNSHINE!"

Back