Old beer infection??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm1473

Reaction score
Ok--here is a weird question. So, I have this beer I brewed back in maybe February--just a blonde ale, all grain. It was ok but nothing spectacular so I have been letting it mellow and drinking a few here and there without problems or off tastes. Well, the other day I found a bottle in my closet and thinking it was something else I opened it and it was a gusher. I quickly realized what beer it was so went to the fridge and checked some that had been in there cold for a few months. All of them were very foamy. No off tastes or floaters or white junk or anything, just foamy. It is just a problem I have noticed within the last week (Over 8mos post fermentation)--no problems before--and I have been drinking them here and there since maybe April?? Is it possible this was an infected batch or could it be something else? Kind of weird and an issue I have not encountered before. Anyway--just curious. Thanks.

how did you add the priming sugar? I have never ( knock on wood) had an infection but it would taste bad ifit were an infection I think.

Back