old arrogant bastard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jro238

Reaction score
So I haven't actually tried arrogant bastard ale before and I thought I would give it a shot tonight. Long(ish) story short I go to the bottle shop and the only stuff they have had a best by date of 7/10/13. I get a bottle for $2 because they were out of date (and really, can you turn down like 70% off?).

The hops is still there, but is muted and limited mostly to the finish (still balances the malt in the middle though). It's almost like an aggressively hopped dark strong now. I'm a fan, but am wondering how different this is from how the beer is supposed to taste?

:mug:

Not sure about how different age bottles taste. But, wait til you try it on draft. Makes the bottle look like a pig next to Kate Hudson. :tank:

Funny, I just had this for the first time yesterday. It was on tap and the OPs description of how it tasted aged in the bottle was exactly what I thought of it. I was really dissapointed. Not a beer I would order again.

Interesting that you had the same thought (well except I liked it and you didn't). I'll have to look for it on tap somewhere and try that. I'm in Tennessee so it isn't exactly all over the place.

Back