Oktoberfest beer lineup, please help me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick two

• German Pils

• Bavarian Hefeweizen

• Weis'n tent beer (mix between a Helles and a Maerzen)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
So what should I brew? I have 4 taps.

tap 1. Münchener Helles Kristall
tap 2. Oktoberfestbier
tap 3. rotating ???
tap 4. Apfelwein

So taps 1, 2, and 4 are set because they are demanded by the masses and my Oktoberfest is the best beer I brew.

What should I do for tap 3? You can pick 2. I will also have kegs of my other wares (mostly American style stuff, but I like O-fest to be all German).

Pick from the vote, and let me know any other suggestions you have.

ah excellent. my fest is just 80% vienna, 20% munich. single infusion at 149F. just racked it to lagering actually.

i'm brewing a dunkelweizen this weekend for a 2nd tap on o-fest day.

Hope these beers are going to be ok. I tasted the Marzen after only lagering a month and it leaves something to be desired. Seems a bit sharp, but I guess that's just it's lack of aging. No off flavors I can pick up.

Gonna start a thread on Oktoberfest preparation sometime soon, and what everyone does for their 'fest'.

I voted Tent Bier, I have one conditioning right now.

You don't really have anything on the hoppier side so the German Pils might provide a nice contrast or maybe an Alt or Bohemian Pils.

I brewed an Oktoberfest Lager based on a Northern Brewer extract recipe. It is lagering as we speak.

I have named it: Paul der Tintenfisch-Helles-seher

Figure it out :)

sounds like a great o-fest, now i'm hungry. i really need to get a few more batches done so i can plan one of my own.

For those reading this. BREW NOW.

Ricand brought it up above, but my brew day is before next weekend. This gives me 9 weeks (2 ferment, 1 warm stabilize/diacytl, 5 lagering, 1 conditioning at serving temps) and just barely gets me there at optimal condition.

I love Oktoberfest soooo much. I go to a festival every weekend of the fest and then normally get a couple bonus weekends for parties where people think O-fest is supposed to be in October (after the first week). It is like 6 weeks of bliss.

I make around 80# of fresh sausage for our party every year. Usually weisswurst, and brats.

oh man, i'll take some of that weisswurst off your hands, lol.

i haven't had any since i was in germany....10 years ago.....

you know, i'm an idiot. my good friend's dad works for usingers.

and i work ~0.5 miles away from the 3rd street store, lol....

Went a totally different direction at the behest of my wife Danika. I am brewing a pumpkin lager for tap #3.

thanks anyway.

no, thank you. this thread was the final motivation to get together my own octoberfest lineup. and start plans for the ole smoker. :rockin:

Latest posts

Back