OK, so I know this is going to make me sound crazy... How many bottles do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is going to make me sound nuts, but I want to try aging quite a bit of my beers for several months, some even years. That's not the crazy part though. This was inspired by a recent free find I made. I already had plenty of bottles, but I recently stumbled across some guy who was giving away over 250 bottles. Free. I picked them up and counted what I have tonight and came up with an astonishing number of bottles. I'm sitting at 23.5 CASES! This should be great for making a crapload of brews and then ignoring them for several months, even years at a time.

Am I obsessed or is this fairly normal for this hobby? How many bottles do you have and what's the longest you've aged a beer?

i've got about 30 cases (over 20 full of beer) right now. The oldest thing i have in a bottle is from last May. I'm brewing a lambic this weekend so it's gonna take a while. I probably bought 8 of those cases of bottles when i first started brewing. The rest are one's i've cleaned over time.

I cut down from about 250-300 to 100 bottles or so since I started kegging. Mostly, I am only keeping bombers, 650s and 750s now. I have 10 kegs, although one is not operational due to leaking.

Don't feel crazy. I have 400 bottles in my brew room and I haven't filled a single one in the past 130gal.

I don't think I'm near 23 cases, but I'm over a dozen spread out between my place and mf gf's. Maybe 15 or 16.

I find milk crates are the best storage medium. They are stackable, and take up half the footprint of a standard beer case.

I've got somewhere between 100 and 150 bottles in the closet. I haven't used many since I started kegging, but I've starting bottling a few 6 packs from each keg to give away/bring to gatherings, and so they're slowly getting used up.

I have around 6 - 8 cases. I use large rubber maid containers for storage they stack well and I us them for soaking bottles I can soak a case or two at a time.

I have about 20-25 cases my self. Picked up 15 cases from the last "beer festival" I went to I would have had more but my mustang will only hold so much. about 75 grolsh bottles in 2 nice wooden crates. and 4 cases of 22 oz. SWMBO thinks its overkill but I stopped asking her opinion on my hobbies about 3 yrs ago.....

I've got about 15 cases. I'm giving away about half of those. If anyone is near Waterloo, IA and wants them, PM me.

I'd guess I'm over a dozen cases of bottles, and I rarely bottle anymore except a few from the keg to age or to bring to a party. I really should get rid of a bunch of them. As far as aging, I still have one bottle left from my 3rd batch, which is over 2 years old now. It's a belgian strong, and the second to last bottle was delicious a couple months ago.

I used to have a lot more, but nowadays I'm down to only 6-8 cases. In our old house we had a huge pantry with perfect shelves for storing cases of bottles so I had a ton of them.

However, since we bought the new place and I have switched to kegging primarily, I have made a conscious effort to eliminate the bottles as I drink them instead of keeping them around. I only have maybe a case or so of spare empties that I keep for taking stuff to parties, etc. and the rest is long-term conditioning.

I used to keg, returned my kegs for deposits when I needed space and money. Started making wine, then I saw a guy selling 186x500mL Grolsch bottles for 40 bucks and decided I had to have them and I had to start putting beer in them. Sold a bunch to my buddy at my cost, so I'm down to about 130 of them. Started brewing again on saturday.

Obligatory dancing banana: :ban:

Sitting on about 18 cases and another 4 with beer in them. The company where my wife and I work, did an Irish drinking play and I was able to abscond with about 14 cases by the time the show closed. Too bad I couldn't make away with the 2 kegs, CO2 bottle and regulator they used as well. The best part is they are all the same bottles, and the crew was nice enough to keep all the original packaging!

Latest posts

Back