Ohio Meet, Greet, Share, and Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Columbus

• Cincinnati

• Dayton (Can't blame me for trying)

• Other (Please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vamptrump

Reaction score
Let's face it, there are a lot of us buckeyes here on HBT.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in a hoard of us meeting up in a central location (maybe C-Bus), hanging out, sharing some home brews (or just a full blown bottle share), brewing? Respond if you are interested, have ideas for a location, or whatever.

If enough people are interested, this could be a pretty cool thing. Who knows, maybe we can right an article about it. HBT Ohio On The Loose!

Sounds like a great idea! Not sure how SWMBO would feel about me having a bunch of friends from the internet over. She hates when i sell something on CL and they come to pick it up...
She has watched a few too many criminal minds, and is now very defensive with the little one around. I don't want to poke Mama Bear.
So count that as a strong in, but not ready to host (quite yet).

I'm not opposed to Cincinnati (closer for me at least) either. Just was thinking Columbus is a good central location.

I can't believe the other Ohio people haven't jumped in. They just don't like to be social outside of the interwebs.

I went ahead and set up a poll for a location that works best for everyone. I added Dayton to the two locations of Columbus and Cincinnati, because I'm greedy and lazy :). The poll is multi-select, so feel free in selecting whatever locations you like.

I'm closer to Cleveland than Columbus but I have been looking for a reason to get down and sample all the breweries in the area.

With the mix of Cleveland and Cinci people, I'm starting to think my original idea of Columbus might be best. Still waiting on a few other Ohio people on HBT to pipe up...I'm looking at you @unionrdr @The10mmKid @grrickar @Baldy246 and whoever else I'm missing.

It's been a good long while since I've lived in Columbus. If that ends up being the best place to meet up, I'm not sure of the best place. The LHBS in Dayton does brewouts outside the shop, not sure if that would be of interest. Could also throw brewing out the window (who really wants to haul equipment around anyway) and meet up at one of the many micros or somewhere else.

Being from Toledo I'm partial to this neck of the woods, but realize we're the red-headed stepchild of Ohio ;-)

I looks like the best location to accommodate everyone would be Columbus.

That being said, since I posted this I just started closing on a house and will be spending the majority of the summer dealing with everything involved with that! Exciting!

I think the key right now would be to determine when, and then iron out a location in Columbus that will embrace a bunch of crazy people from the internet meeting and drinking.

If anyone in Columbus has any type of connection with the microbrewery's, LHBS, or somewhere cool to meet up, that would be awesome. I might be able to work something out with Barley's (friend's brother-in-law is exec chef there I guess), but I can't guarantee it.

With the mix of Cleveland and Cinci people, I'm starting to think my original idea of Columbus might be best. Still waiting on a few other Ohio people on HBT to pipe up...I'm looking at you @unionrdr @The10mmKid @grrickar @Baldy246 and whoever else I'm missing.

It's been a good long while since I've lived in Columbus. If that ends up being the best place to meet up, I'm not sure of the best place. The LHBS in Dayton does brewouts outside the shop, not sure if that would be of interest. Could also throw brewing out the window (who really wants to haul equipment around anyway) and meet up at one of the many micros or somewhere else.

I'd be up for Columbus...

Depending when it is I may be interrested, however having 4 young kids my schedule is pretty tough sometimes. Brew on Buckeyes!

I'm new to both this forum and to brewing, so I'd definitely be interested in being able to participate in this. I live in the 'burbs of C-bus so that works for me. I also work really weird night hours and have mid-week off-days so if this goes down on a weekend, are we able to start earlier in the day before I'd have time to come and hang out and learn from you experienced guys before I head off to earn a living?

I just had a friend send a query to the exec chef of barleys so we will see how well they feel about homebrewers sharing beer.

Toledo would be best for me. I could even do Cleveland.

If you do Toledo you could even get some Michigan peeps to join. Lots and lots of good brews come out of MI.

Toledo would be best for me. I could even do Cleveland.

If you do Toledo you could even get some Michigan peeps to join. Lots and lots of good brews come out of MI.

I wish Toledos craft beer scene was bigger. (Maybe it is but i'm unfamiliar). I was in Holland a few week ago for a few nights for work. I finally got to try Black Cloister which was great. I've had GBS, Black Frog and Maumee Bay but those are really the only ones I know!

I just had a friend send a query to the exec chef of barleys so we will see how well they feel about homebrewers sharing beer.

Any word on if we can use Barley's? And is there any consensus about when this shindig might occur?

Any word on if we can use Barley's? And is there any consensus about when this shindig might occur?

I was told that I would need to talk to the banquet coordinator for Barley's, but there is a slim likelihood that outside beer would be allowed. Not as much fun if we can't share on homebrews. I've been busy when all this home closing related stuff to dig any further into Columbus locations.

I could have used connections in Dayton to get a location, but I don't know much about the beer community in Columbus, so it's taking me a bit. If anyone has any connections in Columbus, I would love the help.

Hope all you other Ohio folks survived the Fourth of July. Spent the holiday in Newark/Granville, Ohio, and now back to Dayton. Happy Brewing!

Ok, I think Columbus will be the locked in location. That provides at most a 2.5hr drive for the furthest people (Toledo), 2h for Cleveland, 90min for Dayton/Cincinnati, and 0 for Columbus (duh). As I've mentioned before, if anyone has connections in Columbus that can help with a location it would be appreciated.

Hope all you other Ohio folks survived the Fourth of July. Spent the holiday in Newark/Granville, Ohio, and now back to Dayton. Happy Brewing!

:off: Zebulon, are you in D.R.A.F.T.?

As a new all grain brewer, I would love to watch and learn from folks brewing. Columbus is closest for me, but Dayton would be do-able. I'll be watching this thread.

No Cleveland area on the poll? :D

Yeah, I created the poll when it was mostly Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton people talking. At this point it's not fair to ask Cincinnati to drive to Cleveland (and vice verse). Hence why Columbus has pretty much won out on ease of access for everyone.

Not sure what that is, so I'm going to go with, 'No'. What is it?

It's the Dayton Homebrew Club. Dayton Region Amateur Fermentation Technologists. They meet on the 3rd Monday every month from 7-9 at Warped Wing. I believe July is an exception to that rule though, and we will be meeting for a cookout on the weekend instead.

The website is out of date, but here http://daytondraft.org/

I just wanted to update and say I haven't forgot about this. It's been sitting on the back of my mind. I really wish I had the spare time to spend on it right now. Hopefully after I finish closing and moving into this new house life will be a little less chaotic.

On a side note; if any of you want to head over here and fish on Lake Erie for some walleye...hit me up. You're welcome on my boat. We can brew before or after...or just drink. I have plenty of brew :mug: I usually don't drink and fish but you're welcome to it!

Considering I live in Columbus, I'd love to meet somewhere to swap brews. That assumes the date/time doesn't conflict with SWMBO's calendar that is...

Back