Oh Nooo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tetonmtnbiker

Reaction score
I am in the middle of brewing. I just finished steeping grains, added LME and CRAP! The online HBS forgot the maltodextrine!!!. I am nowhere near a HBS so I dont think I can go get any. I suppose I cannot stop at this point can I? There was only 4oz that were supposed to be in the kit so I assume its for head retention and a little mouthfeel / body. Any suggestions where I could find some other than a HBS? Should I bother?:confused:

Its ruined. Dump it now and save your losses.

J/K....Dude it will be fine. If this is an extract brew, you can always add it in later--after the boil.

I'm betting your beer will be just fine without it.

RDWHAHB :p

Teton, don't worry about it. The closest HBS other than in Jackson is going to be Idaho Falls. Called Barley's. It's in the guy's garage. The number is 208-524-2748. Even as such, you are looking at a 2 1/2 hour one way trip...

Brew it and bring it to Idaho Falls. I will show you the proper method for disposal.

Boil it in a pint of water and add to the secondary. MD isn't fermentable, so you could even put it in the bottling bucket, if you need to order it.

Back