Oh man did I screw up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jag75

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so everything went great today as I brewed my Mexican Lager. It was so smooth . I didn't make much of a mess . Transfered to my fermenter then hooked it up to my glycol.

About 5 min later my son n law goes into to pour a pint and he comes straight out and tells me I have a massive leak. So at this time I'm cleaning my Grainfather and run into my room and see water blowing out the top of my fermenter .

Apparently when I attached the glycol lines I didn't snap one in all the way . So I ended up with about 3 gallons of solution on my floor which is carpet . Took 3 towels to soak up the majority. I had to add about 3 gallons of distilled water to bring the level back up and wouldn't you know it , the first 2 stores I went to didnt have any.

Gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight because all I'm gonna be thinking about is that hose popping off in the middle of the night lol.

Back