Odd color when coming out of keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnakesAndStuff

Reaction score
So I made a pumpkin ale a while ago... spiced it towards the end of boil, when racked to secondary I tasted, added more spice (took spices, added to vodka, shook repeatedly, let it sit in the vodka for a few days, tossed infused vodka into scondary). It tasted alright, but had an odd whang to it. I let it condition in a spare fridge (laying down in a corny keg on its side) for 2 weeks or so and tasted it today. It tastes GREAT. However, it has a very odd, green color to it. I'm guessing that it might be sediment from cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice added in secondary. I did condition it on its side and stood it up to serve. Anyone ever had a beer go into the keg one color, and come out another? It doesn't taste trubby or anything.

how green are we talking? the beers will change on you especially if you disturbed a large amount of sediment. As long as it tastes good with no off flavors your golden

Back