Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To say Brees has it "easy" because of the team around him is foolish. The weapons for the top 3 are very similar.
If the Pack lost Rogers, Flynn could step right in and do well. Who is Brees' backup? They would be in way deeper doo doo if he went down.

He is hands down the most important player to his team.

_

Nobody said he had it easy, I said (I think) that he had it *easier*. I know it's hard for you sometimes, but subtle differences matter.

The fact that Green Bay has a backup QB who could probably start for a lot of teams is irrelevant. Is Rob Gronkowski a lesser player because Aaron Hernandez can also grab eighty catches? Should Brees get extra-credit because New Orleans has done a ****tier job getting a backup QB? How is that relevant?

Imagine if any of the three teams lost their QB, and a generic "backup QB" had to come in. Kyle Orton, let's say, or Matt Moore. Someone like that. Someone who won't usually kill you, but isn't going to win you many games.

In New Orleans, they'd come in, hand the ball off, make some short passes to Sproles, and let the defense play. The team wouldn't be as good, but they'd still get by. They'd be a playoff team.

Put that same backup QB in at Green Bay, or New England, and they'd be hosed because neither team can run, and both NEED to score a metric ass-ton of points because of their terrible defenses. You can't just plug in anybody, the success of both teams is 95% driven by QB play.

This isn't the way the league or anyone looks at it but the MVP of this season is Peyton Manning. With him looking at their schedule they are a 10+ win team and in the playoffs, without him they are last in the leauge. I'm not an Indy fan but he was hands down the most valuble player to his team this year.

$.02

This isn't the way the league or anyone looks at it but the MVP of this season is Peyton Manning. With him looking at their schedule they are a 10+ win team and in the playoffs, without him they are last in the leauge. I'm not an Indy fan but he was hands down the most valuble player to his team this year.

$.02

but....he didn't....hm, what's the word.....

play.

:drunk:

bluemoose said:
Patriots won't be playing this weekend. They are a good enough team to get a bye, so SUCK IT!

Brady and welker are probably getting their vaginas waxed together this weekend and after they probably got an ugg commercial to do.

Can't rule out MVP being shared. It's happened twice.

Maybe all quarterbacks should win. Be like grade school soccer trophies. Don't want anyone getting butt hurt & Tebow could add that to one of his accomplishments for his commercial.

Can't run the ball? I think Grant & Starks would say different. Grant for sure is a great RB his average is 4.2 yards per carry, while that is far from stellar it is certainly not as sucktastic as you guys are making it out to be.

The problem is when the plays normally go: pass, run, pass, pass or run, pass, pass, pass they do not get the ball as much; that does not mean our guys suck at running the ball, it means we have an awesome QB and recieving core.

Can't run the ball? I think Grant & Starks would say different. Grant for sure is a great RB his average is 4.2 yards per carry, while that is far from stellar it is certainly not as sucktastic as you guys are making it out to be.

The problem is when the plays normally go: pass, run, pass, pass or run, pass, pass, pass they do not get the ball as much; that does not mean our guys suck at running the ball, it means we have an awesome QB and recieving core.

Packers as a team averaged only 3.9 yards/carry. Pats weren't a lot better, but that's pretty bad. You'd think that with all the points they score, they'd be trying to run the clock out more last in the game, but that's not how either team really works.

New Orleans, incidentally? 4.9/carry. 133 yards/game, versus 97 for Green Bay.

I'll lay it out for the dummies on here. Rodgers wins, end of story, Brady has no chance. If it's a tie obviously it's Rodgers/Brees, the rest is moot.

_

Packers as a team averaged only 3.9 yards/carry. Pats weren't a lot better, but that's pretty bad. You'd think that with all the points they score, they'd be trying to run the clock out more last in the game, but that's not how either team really works.

New Orleans, incidentally? 4.9/carry. 133 yards/game, versus 97 for Green Bay.

Admittedly, neither the Pack nor the Patriots get a lot of rushing yards, but they don't even try. They are pass-first teams. Would they get more yards if they committed more to the run? Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't matter though. That's not their game. It wasn't the Packers' game last year or in 96 when they won it all. It wasn't The Colts' game when they won it all. It wasn't the Niners' game in the 80s when they pretty much owned everything. What the Pack and the Pats need is just enough of a run game to keep the opponents honest, and 100 yards a game (give or take 10) is plenty for that.

Oh, and there had better not be co-MVPs again. that is SUCH a wimp-out, IMHO. Just pick SOMEBODY.

being a steeler fan I'm in agony, The steelers are toast playing a QB that is only 75%, the difference in his performance since the injury is Heart breaking. The QB is for all the teams in the playoffs the hinge pin of their teams success. Defenses have been handcuffed with all the rule changes especially the protect the defenseless receiver. Since the defense can no longer make a hard hit to separate the ball from the receiver the stats for so many QB's have skyrocketed and has diminished the importance of a great defense. just look at the performances of both NE and GB both QB's of their teams having unbelievable years with good winning records with dismal defense. What has happened to a great game were there was a balance of importance.

It wasn't the Niners' game in the 80s when they pretty much owned everything.

C'mon, old-timer, did you forget Roger Craig? ;)

I agree, pick a winner, I think it probably in the end SHOULD be Rodgers. The difference between he and Brees isn't even really measurable just in terms of pure QB play, but Rodgers' team has been best-in-the-league since Week 1 and the team he's got around him is more flawed than Brees. Unless you can demonstrate to me that Brees is a clearly superior passer, you go with the guy on the best team.

Rodgers' passer rating is quite a bit higher than Brees, FWIW, and he only threw six picks. I think it's Rodgers as MVP, and I don't think it's as close as the pundits want to make it. Brees has the passing yardage mark, but here's a pretty key stat:

Brees: 8.3 yards per attempt
Rodgers: 9.2

Hell, even Brady beats Brees on this front, he's 8.6/attempt.

I just think that the argument about who's runner up is a lot closer than the pundits want us to believe.

And FYI - I could give a flying f*ck about this. The friggen drama the talking heads stir up nowadays just flat out blows, but seems to work. Win championships not awards ;)

What the hell else are we going to talk about this week? The Cinci-Houston game? Atlanta versus the Giants?

Damn, it feels good to be a bye-ster.

What's even worse will be February 12th. The 1st Sunday with no football until August. I don't care if you won the super bowl or not its just kind of depressing.

Rodgers will win the MVP, because it's a popularity contest. To say Brees has it "easy" because of the team around him is foolish. The weapons for the top 3 are very similar.
If the Pack lost Rogers, Flynn could step right in and do well. Who is Brees' backup? They would be in way deeper doo doo if he went down.

He is hands down the most important player to his team.

_

Didn't flynn score 6 tds in the last game? I totally agree its mvp not most yards per pass or most tds !

What's even worse will be February 12th. The 1st Sunday with no football until August. I don't care if you won the super bowl or not its just kind of depressing.

I cry a little bit every year, but I still wouldn't want to have another two games added to the schedule.
We can always watch TO in the IFL.

I cry a little bit every year, but I still wouldn't want to have another two games added to the schedule.

+1000 - that'd be like adding a splash of water into a nice glass of Jameson.

Am I the only one who used to watch the European League? I remember watching games when that was first developed, I'm pretty sure those were during the summer under the theory that we'd all be jonsing for our fix. I can't even remember how many games were broadcasted, I don't remember if I even had ESPN back then.

It was at least better football (more "authentic") than watching the Arena League, although the NFL doesn't seem that far from moving entirely to Arena League rules.

the_bird said:
Am I the only one who used to watch the European League? I remember watching games when that was first developed, I'm pretty sure those were during the summer under the theory that we'd all be jonsing for our fix. I can't even remember how many games were broadcasted, I don't remember if I even had ESPN back then.

It was at least better football (more "authentic") than watching the Arena League, although the NFL doesn't seem that far from moving entirely to Arena League rules.

Three letters... XFL.

I wish they'd take the Lingerie Football League, remove a little more clothing, and call it the XXX-FL.

Oh, and stop with the football, and commence with the vaginal licking.

I wish they'd take the Lingerie Football League, remove a little more clothing, and call it the XXX-FL.

Oh, and stop with the football, and commence with the vaginal licking.

Damn, I keep forgetting to watch that! Mostly cause it is on MTV, and I don't even have that channel listed in my favorites.

EDIT: There. Have the DVR set for it. :)

Replace the beer in your hand with your dick, makes it way more watchable.

_

Thanks a lot. Like I needed that pic in my head. Homer sitting there watching the lingerie league with his dick in his hand doing his best PeeWee Herman imitation. Pleas pass the brain bleach.

Excuse me, I didn't realize this was the obnoxiously gay football trash talking thread. It's none of anyone's business what Homercidal does with his free time.

_

Excuse me, I didn't realize this was the obnoxiously gay football trash talking thread. It's none of anyone's business what Homercidal does with his free time.

_

Uh, YOU were the one that put that ugly picture in my head. Sorry if I grossed everyone out but I didn't want to suffer alone.......:drunk:

Tight ends, yum.

lingerie-football-league34.jpg

Wild, you're man card is resurrected. Now, time to pick the Sat wildcard winners.

First we have Detroits Brittany:

3_DPC_Brittany_SneakW_display_image.jpg

vs.

New Orleans <can't find her name, doesn't matter>

466898d1282758608-classified-hd-cydia-released-saintsations.jpg

I definitely am partial to brunettes but even I pick the blonde. Thinking it's her hip positioning and that dark bikini bottom. No threesomes, gotta pick one. (And no, I'm not counting votes either) :)

Someone else can go find some hot '11 Houston vs. Cincy candidates otherwise you'll see a lot of dark skin hotties if I do it. Unless everyone is still thinking about homers junk. Think of it as girls picking nice color uniforms during the NCAA big dance pools.

Houston's Randi

Randi_l1.jpg

vs.

Cincy's Shannon (red head test)

gfd_l7.jpg

Crap - they're not from 2011. Screw it...

Just watched a few minutes of it on the DVR. I am much more impressed with the pictures posted here than the actual games. I won't have to do that again.

Back