Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jags arrow is definitely pointing up.

8088174-The-words-Road-to-Recovery-on-the-pavement-of-a-road-with-an-arrow-pointing-up-into-the-sky-Stock-Photo.jpg

Please don't mistake my lauding a great player as feeling it was a bad move. I think it was the right move for the Patriots. I just want to recognize Vince's career here.

That is called class, you wouldn't understand.

How is it the right move for the Patriots? They have no real replacement for him. They just lost their two starting CBs and Shane Vereen. They could have kept Wilfork but chose not too. Vince is a great player, honestly still a very good one, and was someone who could dominate on defense which happened fairly regularly against the Jets. I'm glad he's out of the division but it's not a good move by the Pats.

How is it the right move for the Patriots? They have no real replacement for him. They just lost their two starting CBs and Shane Vereen. They could have kept Wilfork but chose not too. Vince is a great player, honestly still a very good one, and was someone who could dominate on defense which happened fairly regularly against the Jets. I'm glad he's out of the division but it's not a good move by the Pats.

Know how it is the right move? Cuz it's fckuing March.

My office is on the "parade route" and given the snow in the city, there is, literally, still confetti on the ground from the Super Bowl parade and already everyone is an expert on what is and isn't a "good move" by Bill Belichick.

It's MARCH

I'm gonna wait and see what other 74 moves the Pats make before the 2015 trade deadline before I pass judgement on Big Vince going.

The last thing I wanna do is scream and cry about Wilfork and the look like a total idiot like sommmmme folks (not pointing any fingers) did when Logan Mankins was let go and the entire world was going to collapse around the Pats.

Patriot fan March strategy:
head-up-ass.jpg

PS, Mankins happened in very late august, and you guys missed him badly in the first few weeks of the season. Admittedly, the OL figured it's stuff out. Lets see if you can block Suh next season.....

PS, Mankins happened in very late august, and you guys missed him badly in the first few weeks of the season. Admittedly, the OL figured it's stuff out. Lets see if you can block Suh next season.....

Oh really? How many Super Bowls did the Dolphins win last year?

And "admittedly"? How many times did Brady get sacked in 2013 with Mankins and how many times did he get sacked last year?

I think the phrase I'm looking for is..... suck it.

Patriot fan March strategy:

head-up-ass.jpg

The Super Bowl is not won in the first few weeks of the season. Talk to me in February, when the Pats are defending their title. Nobody is screaming about how the arrogant Patriots let Ayers go. Cogs in a machine.

By the way, Vince wasn't going to be able to block Suh anyway.

The Pats have really needed Vince in the past few years. They have now developed a group of good pass rushers and the best linebacker core in the league. I think they will be ok without him.
Cornerback is a little troubling, but i think there has always been a running back by committee approach. I think the Chandler signing should allow for more 3 tight end sets. They won't need the pass catching back, they can shift a TE into the backfield and have more options from that set.

Oh really? How many Super Bowls did the Dolphins win last year?

And "admittedly"? How many times did Brady get sacked in 2013 with Mankins and how many times did he get sacked last year?

I think the phrase I'm looking for is..... suck it.

^ Until you pull your head out of there, all I can hear is a vague murmur. :p

You were talking stupity about the Pats' ability to block Suh... and all he was saying was Wilfork wouldn't be blocking Suh so his departure doesn't come into play within that discussion.

English <---- Try an online course in it.

You were talking stupity about the Pats' ability to block Suh... and all he was saying was Wilfork wouldn't be blocking Suh so his departure doesn't come into play within that discussion.

English <---- Try an online course in it.

English comprehension. My statement about Suh was clearly related to the discussion of Mankins and the OL in general.

I don't really think you're stupid, but if you want to keep pretending, I can't stop ya.

The Patriots cleaned the Lions clock this season. A 34-9 horizon job.
Suh had four tackles and one QB touch.

Big...Effin....Deeeeeeeal.

Suh has never amounted to much against the New England Patriots.
Don't expect that to change...especially now that he got paid...

Cheers!

We'll see I guess. I'm sure the fact that you'll see him twice a year against a team that has probably hit and sacked Brady more than any other team in the NFL is no cause for concern.

So...did you actually watch the playoffs and Super Bowl this past season?

The Pats wore out one pass rush defense after another, culminating in one of the most awesome fourth quarter offensive performances in playoff history - against the vaunted Seattle defense.

Somehow I doubt Belichick can't find a way...

Cheers!

The only reason GB has all those championships is cause the Patriots weren't in the league way back then. I think my great grandfather was playing pro football back then for Abington. Dare I say, before the ever fashionable foam cheeseheads.
Totally different game back then. Coaches got to wear fedoras.

Could be worse for you Moto, you could be a Dolphins fan.

Back