Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know it's tough for your PNW, hipster brain to handle - but the Pat's D pretty smoked you guys. You'll get over it sooner or later... not saying it wont require several latte's and long walks in the rain

The funny thing is, I don't even brew beer. I just joined this place because no one else was doing it.

But seriously, good game. Shouldn't have won that one. Maybe we'll meet up next year.

I love how everyone said Seattle had the best Defense ever and the Pats took them to school.

i know everyone loves to slob on TB12's junk - but lets talk about how about how much better's the Pats D is than Seattle's

night night 12th bag

LOL... I was about to respond but then I remember the name of this forum.

Both teams played well. 1 miraculous catch (Kearse) and a God awful play call (Bevell) on 2nd and goal at the 1 with a timeout in the pocket and 32 seconds to go.

Glad you pointed this out. I'm no real sports fan, and when I do I prefer that wacky big-ball, longer field, less downs version we call the CFL. That said even I could tell that this was a down right stupid play to make. Particularly when that guy whose name I forgot - wanting to say Seattle 24 - just ran the ball 6 or 8 yards to get it to the 1. Do the same thing you fools! Think of that Gilbert Godfriend Hollywood Squares moment. "You fool!"

If you watch that interception real carefully you can see the pats defense actually doing a bit of pass interference in order to get to the ball. Not hating, but watch the replay and see it for yourself.

All in all the game was more of an excuse for lots of family members who don't congregate often to do so and have a good time. Enjoyed the evening and enjoyed the company.

Ohferchrissakes. Where the eff do you see even a hint of PI on that play?

That's just plain weak sauce, son.

Aaaaanyway...

What you all just witnessed was the greatest quarterback of all time, the greatest coach of all time, and of course the greatest team of the modern era.

thumb.aspx

The New England Patriots: Dynasty Rebooted.

Cheers! :rockin:

Ohferchrissakes. Where the eff do you see even a hint of PI on that play?

That's just plain weak sauce, son.

Aaaaanyway...

By blindly listening to my father and not doing my own research of course. Still a no-question stupid pass though. That is running territory.

By blindly listening to my father and not doing my own research of course. Still a no-question stupid pass though. That is running territory.

Yep. Was total PI on the play, but I can't even be mad about that. The play call overshadows all. Should have been an easy Hawk victory, but it was given away to a lesser team. Oh well, we'll be back to dominate all you schmucks next year. Going to three in a row and winning two will be just as good as back to back IMO.

My boys stopped blindly buying in years ago. They're wicked smaht ;)

Carroll's tried out two different explanations so far - it was either a huge mistake, or an awesome plan.

On more fascinating stuff, we have Tommy doing a Tebow in front of Sherman...

http://images.scribblelive.com/2015/2/2/eadcb48b-cc0f-4f37-b961-137903c6bd43_400.jpg

That's just plain strange.

Or...maybe he's giving Sherman the choke sign....

Gotta love this one:
7bb4a235-2cb3-4307-b42e-55e606f6d4a3_400.jpg

Cheers! ;)

Yep. Was total PI on the play, but I can't even be mad about that. The play call overshadows all. Should have been an easy Hawk victory, but it was given away to a lesser team. Oh well, we'll be back to dominate all you schmucks next year. Going to three in a row and winning two will be just as good as back to back IMO.

Had to quote this whole sad mess just in case you sober up later and delete it.

Instead, it will live here in all its gloriously pathetic infamy, forever.

Cheers!

So many bitter Green Bay fans it's almost gratifying to lose just to see them birch.

Win or lose I'll take a Super Bowl like that over any other game. I love the edge of the seat finger nail biting action.

sucking sound also could have been the footballs being deflated.

They still haven't won a super bowl not cheating.

Cheers :)

Neither have the Cheathawks or Cheat Carroll (not even a college national championship for that matter before abandoning his cheating mess at USC)...

Neither have the Cheathawks or Cheat Carroll (not even a college national championship for that matter before abandoning his cheating mess at USC)...

Hey everyone look at this OG over here. See how witty this man is and bathe in his glory.

The defender's got every right to make a play on the ball like that. Besides, there was pass interference (on both sides) ALL NIGHT. Which is all right - both teams' defensive backs like to play physical, but there was a lot of hand-checking going on all night. Looked like Ty Law beating the **** out of Marvin Harrison back in the day.

Going to be a lot of fun watching Seattle revert to their normal place in the world, putting up a 7-9 or 8-8 season after Lynch signs elsewhere. Unless Pete Carroll goes back to his USC tricks and just pays him under the table.

Seahawks gave it away to a much lessor team. Worst play call in the history of football. Brady MVP? With two picks? It should have gone to Edelman who clearly (illegally) played through a concussion and was the best player on the field for either team.

Going to be a lot of fun watching Seattle revert to their normal place in the world, putting up a 7-9 or 8-8 season after Lynch signs elsewhere. Unless Pete Carroll goes back to his USC tricks and just pays him under the table.

Except they already have a huge contract extension written up..... :confused:

Seahawks gave it away to a much lessor team. Worst play call in the history of football. Brady MVP? With two picks? It should have gone to Edelman who clearly (illegally) played through a concussion and was the best player on the field for either team.

relax bro (is that how you cheeseheads say it?) - Seattle just thought they could sneak a pass in rather the obvious. but nice monday morning QB attempt anyways

relax bro (is that how you cheeseheads say it?) - Seattle just thought they could sneak a pass in rather the obvious. but nice monday morning QB attempt anyways

It's not Monday morning quarterbacking, it's really just playing the vastly better odds to run the ball on 1 yard or less with 3 downs and a back like Lynch.

At the end of the game, losing, and such a great opportunity to win it, DON'T THROW THE BALL!

Not to pile on, but I just don't get those last few minutes.

1. Seattle gets the miracle play, the "Immaculate Ass-Ception." But, they aren't ready to get the next play off, so they have to burn a timeout. Bad coaching/situational football.

2. Seattle doesn't have the "right personnel" in for a running play on second down. But, they burned the full forty seconds between plays - plenty of time to get the wide receivers off the field and bring in extra tackles/tight ends/fullbacks. Bad coaching.

3. The Seattle coaches clearly weren't aware of who the Pats had on the field - big guys in the middle to defend Lynch, but they still had three cornerbacks on the field. I suppose if they were the Ravens, this is where Harbaugh would begin whining about how the Pats confused them.

4. They decide to throw a pass, which is somewhat defensible given that they'd already burned a timeout needlessly easier in the drive. But - they've got that 6'5" wide receiver; why not throw a fade to the back corner of the end zone? One of three things happens; touchdown, out of bounds, or defensive-PI call on Browner (most likely; the latter). Instead, you throw a quick slant into the heart of the defense - a ball that's got to be thrown before Wilson can even know if the receiver is open. That's not "throwing a play away" - there's not much risk of taking a sack, but you're throwing the ball right into the heart of the defense.

The Seahawks should have left themselves in a position where they could run the ball - and they probably should have run the ball anyway - but it wasn't even the right pass play.

5. The Pats get the ball back on the one yard line, without any room for the Victory Formation - especially since the Seahawks still have a timeout and can make them snap the ball twice. So, you get to try and hit Tom Brady on a QB sneak twice, maybe get a fumble, maybe get a safety and get the ball back. I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen Belichick take the safety intentionally and then take the free kick. Instead, your guy tried to jump the snap count and gives the Pats five free yards and lets them take a knee; game over.

6. That Seattle ******* coming in and starting a brawl at the end of the game; stay classy, Seattle. Stay classy.

I do wonder how much Nik's blowing up Lynch early in the second half was in their mind when they made that pass call. If Big Vinnie Wilfork or Nik or Chandler Jones gets Lynch down behind the line of scrimmage again, they would have been forced to then pass on third down. If they still had two timeouts, they could have done whatever they wanted.

A) Worlds worst decision to throw the ball in that situation. The coach lost the game for the Hawks. Given what Lynch was doing and what happened in the NFC Championship game with Wilson, it was not only a horrible call from a game situation standpoint, it was a horrible call for player development. That pass could haunt Wilson for the rest of his life.

B)If pass interference is defined by the defender making contact before the ball gets there, that was clearly pass interference. Not that they'd ever make that call in a million years, it's too bang/bang.

C) Obnoxious hat off. None of that matters. It was a phenomenal game, and from 2 teams I pretty much hate...I enjoyed the hell out of it. Can't help but be jealous of Cape this morning. I always wondered if the Fins ever made it to the SB (there's some comedy relief for ya!) if it would be worth it to attend the game, and Cape got to see his team win a world championship in an amazing game. Congrats Pats fans, I hate ya, because I ain't ya. Dicks.

They hadn't called a speck of pass interference all night (mostly to Seattle's benefit), they weren't going to start then. And even though Butler made contact a split second before the ball got there, you don't usually see them call PI in that situation. When the defender's making a play on the ball like that, they usually let 'em. He's got the right to make the catch, too.

Not trying to be obnoxious here....

It was a great game to watch without having anything invested in either team. The Seahawks were clearly the better team but choked in the 4th quarter. The Pats defense was much better than I anticipated but their offense, aside from Edelman, wasn't very impressive. The Pats run game was atrocious. Brady looked every bit like a 37 year old quarterback. Wilson - he played like **** most of the game. At the end of the day it was the Seahawks to lose (10 pt lead at one point and that final drive) and they blew it. Congrats to NE*.

Not trying to be obnoxious here....

It was a great game to watch without having anything invested in either team. The Seahawks were clearly the better team but choked in the 4th quarter. The Pats defense was much better than I anticipated but their offense, aside from Edelman, wasn't very impressive. The Pats run game was atrocious. Brady looked every bit like a 37 year old quarterback. Wilson - he played like **** most of the game. At the end of the day it was the Seahawks to lose (10 pt lead at one point and that final drive) and they blew it. Congrats to NE*.

Even when you're not being intentionally obnoxious, this is nonsense.

The Pats running game wasn't great - but Seattle's defense will do that to people. Brady made one REALLY bad throw that was intercepted in the end zone, the other pick was just a great play by the defender. He still completed nearly three-quarters of the passes he threw. Spread the ball around just like in the old days. "Chains" Vereen made some nifty catches. Amendola's made some plays. Gronk was Gronk; not sure how you can ignore his catches.

And Seattle; for all the Lynch-mob mentality, he only averaged what, 4.2 a carry? Russell Wilson looks good when they let him play backyard football, but all of his long passes, he just looks like he's lobbing them in there.

Seattle's a terrific defensive team and Lynch really is the best running back in the league, but if you put Wilson on, say... the New York Jets, they's still a four- or five-win team.

I mean, the teams were exactly as closely matched up as you would expect - but I don't see how you could possibly has watched that game and through that Seattle was "clearly" the better team. Their defense went toe-to-toe with the defense widely acknowledged as the best in the league, and that was pretty much a draw. Seattle's better running, New England was MUCH better passing. And Seattle sucks deflated balls at situational football.

FCKU YOU!!!!!!!

Ray Lewis.... FCKU YOU!!!

Peter King..... FCKU YOU!!!

Jerry Rice.... FCKU YOU!!!

The David Tyree catch? FCKU YOU!!!

Jerome Bettis..... FCKU YOU!!!!

Roger Goodell.... FCKU YOU!!!!

Dick Sherman.... FCKU YOU!!!

Spygate??? FCKU YOU!!!!!

You can alllllllllllllll suck my balls!!!!!!

Bwaaaaaaaaa ahaahahahahahah!!!!!

Back