Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the patriots are like white noise in the playoffs. some errant signal from some ****ty division on the east coast.

motobrewer said:
let's play a game called "guess what year it is". hint: the patriots didn't win the superbowl.

LOL... See? That's the thing.... You guys think that is a dig... The Pats are the only team where you can say that for and have it even make sense. Most teams just try not to totally suck... The Pats? They don't win the SB and it is a surprise and a "failure".

Great stat put up during the game yesterday that illustrates my point:

Teams with the longest streak of winning seasons:

1) Patriots... 13!

Next closest was Green Bay with effin 3 or something. It's ridiculous.

motobrewer said:
the patriots are like white noise in the playoffs. some errant signal from some ****ty division on the east coast.

LOL!! Add up the wins for the AFC East, then add up the wins for the joke NFC North and then come talk to me.

LOL!!!! The Packers won it because they were a TIE better than 500

Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhah!!

Schwartz has to be the most worthy coach to get canned from those that lost their job today. Makes no sense how Lions aren't much better with the roster talent. Lets see if the front office actually hires a competent one.

Well, that's the SOP for the Detroit Lions:

a) rebuild team with plenty of talent
b) flirt with making playoffs
c) raise fans hopes
d) crush fans hops
e) repeat

except, our streak is 15. (edit, 14).

congratulations on another BPS dropout making up records the patriots own.

LOL!! Add up the wins for the AFC East, then add up the wins for the joke NFC North and then come talk to me.

LOL!!!! The Packers won it because they were a TIE better than 500

Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhah!!

we played half the season without our starting quarterback. Matt Flynn got us into the playoffs.

wait, what the f--k are you even talking about? Dallas has 20. 1966-1985.

christ you really should repeat the 4th grade.

motobrewer said:
wait, what the f--k are you even talking about? Dallas has 20. 1966-1985. christ you really should repeat the 4th grade.

LOL!! Oh man.... My stomach hurts from laughing.

Awesome.

So when I said "current" streak... You just missed that?

And please.... Entertain us all and explain how you got 15.... Sorry... 14... for the Pack.

Slow work day for folks so take your time.

motobrewer said:
what the hell are you talking about? you should really learn words and things. they help.

Okay... Apologies Moto... I'll go super slow for you...

Teams with the longest ACTIVE streak of winning seasons (that means they won more games than they lost over the course of a season).

The Pats are at THIRTEEN. They last had a losing record on 2000 going 5-11

The Packers... Are at FIVE (sorry, I exaggerated earlier unintentionally). And from what I believe, they are the closest to the Pats. In 2008, the Pack went 6-10.

Okay... Apologies Moto... I'll go super slow for you...

Teams with the longest ACTIVE streak of winning seasons (that means they won more games than they lost over the course of a season).

The Pats are at THIRTEEN. They last had a losing record on 2000 going 5-11

The Packers... Are at FIVE (sorry, I exaggerated earlier unintentionally). And from what I believe, they are the closest to the Pats. In 2008, the Pack went 6-10.

ohhhhh, so you MEANT to say "longest ACTIVE streak". got it. got it. maybe, you should get somebody to proofread your posts before you send them. ask your mom. she's right upstairs.

i'm sure the patriots MEANT to win all those superbowls, too.

yeah, 13 straight winning seasons. been there, done that (1992-2004). nice, though. good for you, little brother.

Gotta feel bad for the Cardinals today. They get to watch the playoffs while Green Bay squeaks in with a .500 record plus a tie. That is the saddest playoff team since Seattle at 7-9.

Gotta feel bad for the Cardinals today. They get to watch the playoffs while Green Bay squeaks in with a .500 record plus a tie. That is the saddest playoff team since Seattle at 7-9.

Blame the bears and lions for sucking harder then a team qb'd by Matt Flynn.

i'm not gonna lie, I completely agree with this. There really shouldn't be a 10-6 team on the sidelines and a 8-7-1 team in the playoffs.

however, with rodgers, I don't think we'll play like an 8-7-1 team. but i still agree.

how else to do it then? just go by overall record?

It does make you scratch your head. But if they go by record only then what's the point of divisions. The best games are Div. Games imo. I wouldn't want to see those go by the wayside

bragging about winning seasons when your division is made up of high school teams is pretty pathetic. You must understand how meaningless something like that is. I think you do and just hope that we are dumb enough to fall for it. In your defense, about 80% of folks in here would fall for it if it weren't for your constant and quite vocal delusional separation from reality.

There has only been one team in NFL history to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs. I felt in 08 like I'm sure Cardinals fans feel this year. I don't know that there is a good solution. Divisions are the only way to keep good teams, and some bad teams playing at the end of the year. With record only many teams would have nothing to play for 3/4 of the way through the year.

There has only been one team in NFL history to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs. I felt in 08 like I'm sure Cardinals fans feel this year. I don't know that there is a good solution. Divisions are the only way to keep good teams, and some bad teams playing at the end of the year. With record only many teams would have nothing to play for 3/4 of the way through the year.

3 teams have gone 11-5 and missed including the Cards.

i mean, if the lions JUST win 3 of their last 7 games instead of 1-6, we wouldn't be talking. but they had to go all lions on us.

Well at least you got one more game to watch the niners

Not too concerned about Green Bay. They have no defense, none, the players they trot out on defense are softer than hangover diareaha. All they have is Rodgers, Cobb, and Nelson.

motobrewer said:
nevermind that, patriots fans make up their own stats. just let them play in their own little world. its easier that way.

Still waiting for your explanation on how the Pack is "at 15... Edit 14"

.... speaking of made up stats.

Waiting patiently.

Go ahead.

Like I said when the Hawks won with a 7-9 record blame the other teams for not even being able to go .500.

I put this squarely on Cutlers duh face and Schwartz continuing suckage.

Not too concerned about Green Bay. They have no defense, none, the players they trot out on defense are softer than hangover diareaha. All they have is Rodgers, Cobb, and Nelson.

Cause that's nothing. Lacey gets no love either man take off the red glasses.

Cause that's nothing. Lacey gets no love either man take off the red glasses.

Didn't say that's nothing. In fact earlier in this thread I said Rodgers could win any game at any time. And for any Seattle fan ever to call a fan of any other team a homer is just hilarious.

***mcbrewskie edited the **** out of his above post because he's a 49ers fan so this doesn't make sense anymore***

Also, it's perfect that the Chargers get in on a blown call in what has been the worst officiated season I can ever remember.

hey mcbrewskie, we f-ing get it. you are upset with the current state of both the rulebook and officiating in the NFL. maybe you should start a petition or something instead of posting that same thing in HBT every 3 hours.

Hey I'm just trying to be realistic. Ill wait for you to come back after the loss with whatever excuse yoy can find. Also the leagues got it in for a GB Seattle rematch so they can play the fail mary 24/7 for that week.

Hey I'm just trying to be realistic. Ill wait for you to come back after the loss with whatever excuse yoy can find. Also the leagues got it in for a GB Seattle rematch so they can play the fail mary 24/7 for that week.

this is true. goodell would fap his a$$ off at a GB-Seattle matchup.

Dear god you're being an idiot. I have made clear that Rodgers could win the game. I'm not being overly confident at all. I find it hilarious that you are convinced the Niners will lose. Seattle fans are seriously the ****ing worst. What the **** is wrong with you people? Nice city, good beer and food, good football team, always nice when I visit, but you're all belligerent arrogant loud mouth overly confident cocksuckers as fans.

Back