Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a game last night where a team gave up 280 rushing yards.[...]

That's a big lady right there. She should see if Wilfork wants to mess around on the side ;)

No doubt the Patriots have run-defense issues. They're missing the Huge Immovable Object that is Wilfork, they're missing the linebackers that started the season and the ones still playing are so banged up you never know how many plays you're going to get out of them.

That said, here's my take on the whole rushing thing last night: Belichick did NOT want Manning to get all pass-happy, and was willing to let Denver spend all night running the ball if that kept him off the air. If you watched the defensive alignments the Patriots backers were dropping all night long. There were so many times that there was no linebacker to hit the hole it actually kinda pissed me off, but in retrospect I think I get it now.

I believe Belichick thought if they pressed on the rush Denver would start throwing over the linebackers and that's when things could have gotten truly horrible in a hurry. Half the secondary has no business on the field in their current condition - and that's the good half. The fact that Welker was virtually shut down - when he almost NEVER gets shut down - and Manning's passing stats were down right mediocre - would go along with the strategy of over-playing coverage vs stressing run defense.

Carolina has a higher ranked rushing game, but didn't reach their per-game rushing average against the Patriots. I think the Pats can still slow down the rush if that's in their best interest...

Cheers!

Shocked the Pats fans won't admit they got lucky. Neither team deserved to win that one. A tie would have been perfect

LOL!!! The Pats held Peyton Manning to 132 yards passing and only gave up two TDs that weren't off short field turnovers to the Broncos ... who were on pace to break the single season scoring record (a record set by TMDTOTM by the way).... And THATS what guys are going to make fun of??? Fcking RUSHING yards!?!? Hold on! A JETS fan is going to make fun... of the PATS.... Because of rushing yards!?!?

Bwaaaaahahahahahahah!!!!!!

Holy sht!!!! That 's awesome. That is fantastic stuff.

I hate the Patriot, though not as much as the Jets, but they sure as **** earned that one the hard way. There are all kinds of areas where you can point out weaknesses and legit concerns about the Pats, but heart isn't one of them.

By the way, has somebody been coating the Patriot running backs' Gatorade cups with KY Jelly? WTF is up with their fumbling?

Shocked the Pats fans won't admit they got lucky. Neither team deserved to win that one. A tie would have been perfect

Yeah coming back from being down 24 points in the half is luck. They deserved to win. Yeah Carter screwed up but that is part of the game. You could say those easy fumbles to give Denver good field position was luck. Its all part of the game.

Running yards?!? Bill gave a future hall of famer the ball to start OT, dared him to score, and stuffed him. I don't even know how he walks around with balls like that.

LOL!!! The Pats held Peyton Manning to 132 yards passing and only gave up two TDs that weren't off short field turnovers to the Broncos ... who were on pace to break the single season scoring record (a record set by TMDTOTM by the way).... And THATS what guys are going to make fun of??? Fcking RUSHING yards!?!? Hold on! A JETS fan is going to make fun... of the PATS.... Because of rushing yards!?!?

Bwaaaaahahahahahahah!!!!!!

Holy sht!!!! That 's awesome. That is fantastic stuff.

I was simply pointing out the obvious - 280 yards surrendered on the ground is not a good sign for a team's obnoxious fans who think they've already won the Super Bowl this year. If the Pats do not address it, either by obtaining more depth or adjusting their schemes, they will be a quick out in the playoffs this year. (again).

Still, there is a homegrown solution to all this. Amanda Belichick looks like she could take up space and pick up the double teams needed for the defense to get to the next level. You have to think that Belichick has been teaching her line technique, tackling, and gap control over the years for just this very moment. She looks like she could be a mauler in the lines.

Darwin18 said:
I was simply pointing out the obvious - 280 yards surrendered on the ground is not a good sign for a team's obnoxious fans who think they've already won the Super Bowl this year. If the Pats do not address it, either by obtaining more depth or adjusting their schemes, they will be a quick out in the playoffs this year. (again). Still, there is a homegrown solution to all this. Amanda Belichick looks like she could take up space and pick up the double teams needed for the defense to get to the next level. You have to think that Belichick has been teaching her line technique, tackling, and gap control over the years for just this very moment. She looks like she could be a mauler in the lines.

Your posts amuse me on a consistent basis.

You keep bringing up this 280 yard number as if 1) it has been happening every game and 2) it wasn't likely a product of Belichick's exact game plan.

"Oh... You wanna run the ball 57 times and take the ball out of the hands of the second best QB ever and a group of talented WRs??? Go right ahead sir! Ooooooo you picked up another six yards! Ohhhhh no!! Stop!!! that's another first down!! Oh your running game is soooo dominant... whatever shall we do to stop it?"

Take away a team's most dangerous weapon. It's how Belichick had always game planned.

Who is Denver's most dangerous weapon?

And now look up that person's stat line.

Pats had 35 turnovers.... and STILL effin won. I'll take Belichick's game plans and the W every day if it means Darwin gets to cry about rushing yards.

Ladies and gentlemen....

original.png

NIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCE! Is 12 weeks a record or has it been done before? And poor Giants, the only team to lay a goose egg on the wheel

Poor Eli. You'd think by now he'd learn to manage his body language. The slumped shoulders, drooping head, and dazed look of continual confusion. Why, oh why, would the NY media eat him alive?

Take away a team's most dangerous weapon. It's how Belichick had always game planned.

Did his game plan include giving up 24 unanswered first half points and several turnovers? A win is a win, but it was far, FAR from flawless. It was a nice and entertaining game to watch but I don't think you can walk around acting like the Pats executed a flawless game plan on old man Manning. Anyone who feels good about their team giving up 280 yards on the ground needs to get their head checked. After the first quarter, we all knew the Broncos were going to be running the ball, especially with the elements, and the Pats didn't have the personnel to stop it. What I got out this game is that a team with a solid running game (Seahawks, 49ers, Carolina, Denver, Kansas City, etc) have to feel very good about their chances against the Pats in the playoffs.

As much as you're giving Belichick credit for making the adjustments needed during halftime, I think you also need to look against the great mind he was going against. Jack Del Rio. Yeah....

Darwin gets to cry about rushing yards.

Or "running yards" as Krovitz calls it

Just because I keep losing count... how many Seahawk defensive players have been, or currently are, suspended this year for cheating??

We need Belichick to teach these dumbsh!ts how to cheat better

Ladies and gentlemen....

original.png

Get your own material

NIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCE! Is 12 weeks a record or has it been done before? And poor Giants, the only team to lay a goose egg on the wheel

Last year it happened after 10 weeks, which was why I posted it. That part got ignored because I have the redzone.

Just because I keep losing count... how many Seahawk defensive players have been, or currently are, suspended this year for cheating??

0 for cheating. I think Pot should be encouraged for this Secondary would give the other teams more of a chance of beating it.

Darwin18 said:
Did his game plan include giving up 24 unanswered first half points and several turnovers? A win is a win, but it was far, FAR from flawless. It was a nice and entertaining game to watch but I don't think you can walk around acting like the Pats executed a flawless game plan on old man Manning. Anyone who feels good about their team giving up 280 yards on the ground needs to get their head checked. After the first quarter, we all knew the Broncos were going to be running the ball, especially with the elements, and the Pats didn't have the personnel to stop it. What I got out this game is that a team with a solid running game (Seahawks, 49ers, Carolina, Denver, Kansas City, etc) have to feel very good about their chances against the Pats in the playoffs. As much as you're giving Belichick credit for making the adjustments needed during halftime, I think you also need to look against the great mind he was going against. Jack Del Rio. Yeah....

Blah blah blah rant rant rant blah blah blah.

1) how did Peyton do?
2) who won?

Are we still talking about the loss to the panthers?

How pathetically sad for you.

Anyway...anyone who relishes Yet Another Awesome Patriots win over Great Forehead Et Al (don't we all?) can watch a condensed re-telecast of the game tonight at 9PM Eastern on the NFL Network.

Definitely "Can't Miss TV"! :ban:

Cheers!

0 for cheating. I think Pot should be encouraged for this Secondary would give the other teams more of a chance of beating it.

Pot is being used to mask the roids. They need it to counter act the roid rage from the PEDs they were all getting busted for last season.

Pot is being used to mask the roids. They need it to counter act the roid rage from the PEDs they were all getting busted for last season.

You can do better then that, you sound like someone who just stumbled across this thread.

I thought they only tested for recreational drugs during a 5 or so week period before the season. After that you would only be tested for recreational drug use if there was an incident ( possession).

I thought they only tested for recreational drugs during a 5 or so week period before the season. After that you would only be tested for recreational drug use if there was an incident ( possession).

I doubt that is the case. That just promotes use during the season, they wouldnt do that

The whole thing is up in the air right now. Whike he was in the CFL he was still subject to nfl drug testing even though he wasn't a league employee. So missing those tests put him into stage three which is the year suspension. Now he's still fighting the suspension even though espn and the leauges media is saying its a done deal. Its all crap in my opinion this story shouldn't have been leaked until it was wrapped up which from the sounds of it is going to take a while. But either way I don't think he comes back to seattle this offseason

The whole thing is up in the air right now. Whike he was in the CFL he was still subject to nfl drug testing even though he wasn't a league employee. So missing those tests put him into stage three which is the year suspension. Now he's still fighting the suspension even though espn and the leauges media is saying its a done deal. Its all crap in my opinion this story shouldn't have been leaked until it was wrapped up which from the sounds of it is going to take a while. But either way I don't think he comes back to seattle this offseason

Yeah. Better to cut ties with him. The suspension is gonna happen. He's a free agent, why pay a guy who misses most of next season and obviously can't control his use. If it is something beyond PEDs or weed I hope he gets help for his sake.

Problem is we cant cut him right now because hes injured. I dont know if we would anyways even if he wasnt. Who knows whats going to happen Miller and Gordon each should have been hammered alot more this year but walked away with reduced suspensions. I think if we can get him back for the POs then we will use him this year and let him go test FA waters next.

Latest posts

Back