Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officials are bad, but the rules are just so terrible anymore. The league is not the NFL I grew up watching. The fact that you can't tackle a QB anymore is just depressing. I'm gonna be doing more brewing, fishing, and hunting on my Sundays now that football isn't a contact sport.

Yeah. Not being able to cause career ending injuries, permanent brain damage, or paralyzing someone is so boring.

Yeah. Not being able to cause career ending injuries, permanent brain damage, or paralyzing someone is so boring.

I don't tune in to watch flag football or good football plays actually end up hurting the teams that made them. Brees was hit in the chest and that tackle should be legal, it's not. It makes football much less enjoyable.

Cliff notes ffs!

I agree with the article. The last play should have been a holding call. The Pats lost the game not because of that last play but should have at least had 1 last play to try and win.

It's a significant improvement over the general "Waaa. Mommy, did you see what the refs did the Brady, last night. Mommy? Mama?" that's been spread over the last several pages.

Thanks lol :D

And H22 said he wasn't sore :)

Oh good Vermonster is back. Read my cliff notes because you obviously didn't read my book. If anything, I'm sore that the Pats played like dog crap.

i find all this whining about officials from patriot fans amusing.

please, keep it coming.

I find all this whining about Patriots fans whining amusing.

Please, keep it coming.

h22lude said:
Oh good Vermonster is back. Read my cliff notes because you obviously didn't read my book. If anything, I'm sore that the Pats played like dog crap.
Contradict yourself much? Lol I can't wait to keep it going next week after Denver obliterates the patriots!

God whiny fans are annoying........boohoo the refs made a call i disagree with im not watching football anymore because i pout when things dont go our way even though the other team had to pretty much hand us all our of our scoring opportunities.

God whiny fans are annoying........boohoo the refs made a call i disagree with im not watching football anymore because i pout when things dont go our way even though the other team had to pretty much hand us all our of our scoring opportunities.

Except it goes beyond just that Niner game. If it was one bad call maybe it would be whiney, but I'm bitching more about the state of the game in general. That hit on Brees is a classic example. But another example would be Kam Chancelor blowing up Vernon Davis last year. No way should that have been a penalty, that's football. But now the rules are so ****ed up it is ruining the enjoyment of the game.

Contradict yourself much? Lol I can't wait to keep it going next week after Denver obliterates the patriots!

Show me where I have contradicted myself. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

No wonder h22 likes honduhs so much!

Not sure what this has to do with anything but since you brought it up (again not sure why) h22lude goes back to when I actually owned a Prelude. I have had 4 cars since then and just use the name for everything still. Again, why does this matter? Hahahaha

Clearly, the Pats once again provided for one heck of an entertaining game.
Contrast that with the KC-Denver snoozefest.

Pats should have won - but not on the last play of the game.
I blame McDaniels for an utterly uninspired play selection for the 3rd and 2 on the Patriots penultimate possession; and Belichick, for not knowing damned well they weren't likely to win this game with a field goal.

Patriots are still in good shape for a division win, and frankly that's all that matters...

Cheers!

h22lude said:
Hahaha no actually I'm not. When it happened, sure I was mad but it is what it is and we move on. They lost the game well before that play. Ridley once again doesn't know how to hold a football while running. Talib being an idiot causes a 15 yard unsportsman like penalty. It wasn't that call that ended the game for them. Second time a game has come down to one throw and to win games in the playoff, you can't play like that. Now let's see if we can have a real football conversation in here. When I watch a replay I see either PI, holding or illegal contact down field. You can argue the ball was under thrown but looking at the replay, the ball was caught in his chest. If Gronk stood still where he was and no one touched the ball it would have ended up hitting his legs. That isn't under thrown to me. If so then we can look at the McCourty penalty where the ball was over thrown. A holding penalty is called there. If you say the ball was under thrown for Gronk then it should be holding. And if you think no holding because the ball might have been in the air already then it was illegal contact down field. The defender was not looking at the ball and made contact. Not crying, not saying refs blew it, just want to see if my understanding of the rules is wrong. Am I wrong?
h22lude said:
so you're not sore but you are? Hahaha you sir can dish it out but can't take it!

so you're not sore but you are? Hahaha you sir can dish it out but can't take it!

Your mom didn't teach you how to read when you got home schooled, did she?

I will spell it out for you (though I don't think you will be able to read this either)...the first post I said I was mad when it happened but it is what it is. I'm not mad about the non call now. I'm mad that the Pats played as bad as they did.

If you read, that is two different things. At the time sure I was mad but after I wasn't.

Cliff notes, I'm not mad about the call but mad the way the Pats played. Is that easy enough for you to understand.

Again I say, I would love to see where I contradicted myself because you have yet to show me.

And I can dish it but can't take it...what does that have to do with being mad/sore? Ok I will spell this out for you too. That phrase refers to someone that make fun or joke about someone but then when joked about that said person flips out. I'm pretty sure that isn't relevant to what we are saying.

Your mom didn't teach you how to read when you got home schooled, did she?

I will spell it out for you (though I don't think you will be able to read this either)...the first post I said I was mad when it happened but it is what it is. I'm not mad about the non call now. I'm mad that the Pats played as bad as they did.

If you read, that is two different things. At the time sure I was mad but after I wasn't.

Cliff notes, I'm not mad about the call but mad the way the Pats played. Is that easy enough for you to understand.

Again I say, I would love to see where I contradicted myself because you have yet to show me.

And I can dish it but can't take it...what does that have to do with being mad/sore? Ok I will spell this out for you too. That phrase refers to someone that make fun or joke about someone but then when joked about that said person flips out. I'm pretty sure that isn't relevant to what we are saying.

translation:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

I agree that the league is going overboard trying to reduce any possible chance of injury, but that call in the Whiners game was good. That was a clothesline on Brees. That's been against the rules for a good long time.

Settle down, Francis.

Your team still sucks and isn't going anywhere...

Cheers ;)

I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure the only reason your team is above .500 all time is because Belichick signed a deal with the devil to turn some flabby, moderately talented college QB into a super human. When he's gone you're going to have Mallet. Good luck with that.

I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure the only reason your team is above .500 all time is because Belichick signed a deal with the devil to turn some flabby, moderately talented college QB into a super human. When he's gone you're going to have Mallet. Good luck with that.

LOL! What?

Cheers! :D

LOL! What?

Cheers! :D

I'm saying before Brady your team was pathetic and the only way I can figure out Brady is either Satanic contracts or karmic justice. Either way, eventually the streak of whatever is going to end and the Patriots will go back to their rightful place. Oh, yeah, and this as well.

LOL! It gives me no end of amusement that there are still people out there with sand in their vaginas about such a bogus issue as Spygate.

As for "ending"...all things end, Satanic contracts or otherwise. But, the New England Patriots are the second most valuable team in the entire National Football League, and the Krafts aren't afraid to spend money. I expect they have full size Brady clones already in the lab.

Yeah. Wrap your brain around that...

Cheers! ;)

LOL! It gives me no end of amusement that there are still people out there with sand in their vaginas about such a bogus issue as Spygate.

Oh, no, I don't care about Spygate anymore. I just used it because it's a ready-made form of trash talk and this is the trash talk thread. More to the point, it's the obnoxious trash talk thread.

Oh, no, I don't care about Spygate anymore. I just used it because it's a ready-made form of trash talk and this is the trash talk thread. More to the point, it's the obnoxious trash talk thread.

Um, yeah, I'm pretty sure all the tread has worn off of Spygate and doubt it actually qualifies as trash talk any longer.

Consider upping your game...

Cheers! ;)

I agree that the league is going overboard trying to reduce any possible chance of injury, but that call in the Whiners game was good. That was a clothesline on Brees. That's been against the rules for a good long time.

Not really. He hit the chest. And the neck area rule has been two years.

day_trippr said:
LOL! It gives me no end of amusement that there are still people out there with sand in their vaginas about such a bogus issue as Spygate. As for "ending"...all things end, Satanic contracts or otherwise. But, the New England Patriots are the second most valuable team in the entire National Football League, and the Krafts aren't afraid to spend money. I expect they have full size Brady clones already in the lab. Yeah. Wrap your brain around that... Cheers! ;)
Who is the first? I'm actually surprised you ranked them #2

keep it up, it really does get to them. The fact that they write 3 paragraphs on how stupid it is to bring it up is evidence of that.

i just thumbs-upped a finsfan post. i need a shower.

Hartley, born Feb. 15, 2005...

love it.

“It gets really disappointing,” said the young fan. “Every year, I get my hopes up, and every year I end the season feeling crushed. Ethan, my friend at school, is a Steelers fan. He’s seen his team win two Super Bowls! Why did I get stuck rooting for a team of choke artists? It’s not fair!”

Nothing like children cheering for a fat, has been, rapist quarterback. How are those Steelers doing this year?

Back