Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You thought wisely. Pennington was the only one I ever saw in HS that started in the Pro's and had you seen him it'd be instantly obvious why he was so fragile. God he was tiny.

Only player ive met before the NFL was Gronk. I was on his personal tour of the campus and facilities when he visited the university of Arizona before his junior year of HS. As you can imagine, he was huge back then too.

A proper ending would have been if Houston had covered the 3.5 points...

At least I've got a couple nights to enjoy the Jets being 1-0 before they get destroyed in Foxboro. Score might be a little closer than most would think - Jets defense is better than Buffalo and Brady's offense isn't close to the 2012 version, yet. I'm sure Geno will find a way to f things up.

That .5 cost me $100 damnit!

Chip Kelly will own this league in no time...

Just wait until he learns not to take the foot off the gas pedal in the NFL. They could have easily ran that thing up to 50+ point last night...

I wouldn't mind a little help for my Fantasy Survivor pick week 2. I've used the Colts already, but I do not want to take the Pats week 2, with no Vereen or Amendola, and they looked frankly shaky against Buffalo week 1.

I'm thinking Green Bay? My beloved Bears?

Walter_Whites_Batch said:
I wouldn't mind a little help for my Fantasy Survivor pick week 2. I've used the Colts already, but I do not want to take the Pats week 2, with no Vereen or Amendola, and they looked frankly shaky against Buffalo week 1.

I'm thinking Green Bay? My beloved Bears?

Take the Ducks!

Just wait until he learns not to take the foot off the gas pedal in the NFL. They could have easily ran that thing up to 50+ point last night...

Chimp never takes the foot of the gas pedal. The defense was starting to match them. Given time defenses will match, his offenses will still be good but they won't be revolutionary.

Chimp never takes the foot of the gas pedal. The defense was starting to match them. Given time defenses will match, his offenses will still be good but they won't be revolutionary.

'Chimp' hahahah!!!

"never takes his foot off the gas pedal" LOL What do you think he did in the second half of practically every college game he coached?

You lack the appropriate knowledge to participate in this conversation.

Especially when the QB gets injured. Vick was definitely hurting; and this is only week 1.

Sorry about back to back BCS bowl wins

BCS? How about LOL? How did BCS wins work out for Steve Spurrier at Washington? This is the NFL, he won't have dominant athletes that are far beyond the talent of their competition in the NFL like he did at Oregon. He's obviously a good enough coach to adjust but let's not go thinking he's gonna Bill Walsh the league cause he's not.

At the risk of stating the obvious and to be fair, Spurrier never had more than trash to work with at QB in Washington. Even Rex Grossman would have been a better QB option for him there. Ramsey? Wuerffel had been torn down by the time he got there and had no hope of being plugged in at that point. Hahaha. An over the hill Johnson acquired later was the closest to decent he ever ended up with. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he would have succeeded in the long run either but he never really did get anything to find out. At least Chimp has Vick... til he gets hurt anyway. (And yes, while Vick isn't that great of a nfl QB, he's leaps and bounds ahead of anything Spurrier had.)

Feeling cautiously optimistic about tomorrow night's game. Not that I'm going to be able to watch it because it's on NFL network. Amendola is likely out for this game (weren't you railing about how he wasn't brittle 40 pages back Cape?) along with Vereen, making Edelman the Pats' #1 receiver. Say what you want about the Jets but their defense is solid and much better, and healthier, than the Bills were last week. If Geno keeps the turnovers to a minimum I think an upset is brewing.

You may be right but I still think the Pats will beat them by a solid TD at the absolute least.

And just because...
Seahawks_Super_Bowl.jpg

The line for tomorrow night is -12.5 for the Pats? Are you kidding me? I wish I was in Vegas....

Don't need to be in Vegas to bet...

Oh, and just for Hoppy - I made a killing this weekend on Oregon -25.5. They nearly doubled that. lol.

Oregon opened this week at -20.5 and it's up to -28.5. I got it at -27.5.

Feeling cautiously optimistic about tomorrow night's game. Not that I'm going to be able to watch it because it's on NFL network. Amendola is likely out for this game (weren't you railing about how he wasn't brittle 40 pages back Cape?) along with Vereen, making Edelman the Pats' #1 receiver. Say what you want about the Jets but their defense is solid and much better, and healthier, than the Bills were last week. If Geno keeps the turnovers to a minimum I think an upset is brewing.
This is precisely why I don't want NE in my fantasy pool, and I hope everyone else takes them.

I'm leaning towards Houston, Baltimore, or even Green Bay (spits on floor in disgust of the mention of that team name)

Back