Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude, my mom would never tag anyone who can't even spell "lasagna" correctly.

freeze tag, maybe...

ok... I think I have a way of explaining this to you simpletons.

Let's pretend that we're going to have a cooking contest. Five of you fcktards are competing to see who can make the best meat lasagne... winner gets to tag Moto's mom.

It HAS to be LASAGNE... meaning, pasta, sauce, and at least two different kinds of meat. If it isn't lasagne with those ingredients, you are disqualified.

I give each of you a crisp $20 bill.

Are you going to buy decent hamburger for $4 or filet mignon for $20?

By your argument Darwin... you're saying "Belichick is an a-hole because he thinks he can make $4 hamburger into $20 filet mignon!". But he's not making a steak dinner... he needs to make lasagne.

hey guys, remember when wes welker dropped that crucial pass in that crucial game??

(note, the correct response is, "which time?")

Moto, stop being Hoppy.

(See, it works!)

Hey, remember when Welker caught that crucial 3rd down pass? Or when he caught that long touchdown pass?

(note, the correct response is also, "which time?")

One of those things is, admittedly, far more painful. But the other comes up far more often and, if it doesn't happen, the opportunity for the Superbowl never comes along. I'll take a guy who's reliable 98% of the time any day.

Miamis spending money like they are going to matter this year. Watch out Pats better get Welker signed so you have a chance against the Dolphins.

Punity said:
Miamis spending money like they are going to matter this year. Watch out Pats better get Welker signed so you have a chance against the Dolphins.

Damn, you made me snarf my beer. The burn, the burn!

M.W. to the Fins. And yea, the Pats will have their hands full in a few years. I like what they are doing in south beach!

Random druck thought (yeah. Fck you. I know it is a Tues night.) but we gotta do a "HBT football thread Vegas weekend" some NFL weekend. How funny would that be to see all of this thread's regulars, in person, in either a sports book or in a decent Vegas beer bar. Imagine ripping on Hoppy and Moto, in person, with their helmets on and everything, while games were live in the background.

Sounds like a little slice a heaven to me.

Except for punity. Fck him and his relevant facts. He's not invited.

Random druck thought (yeah. Fck you. I know it is a Tues night.) but we gotta do a "HBT football thread Vegas weekend" some NFL weekend. How funny would that be to see all of this thread's regulars, in person, in either a sports book or in a decent Vegas beer bar. Imagine ripping on Hoppy and Moto, in person, with their helmets on and everything, while games were live in the background.

Fck yea..... lets do it one of the weeks the Dolphins play the Patriots!! hahaha

So, anyone wanna wager on next year's Superbowl? Loser has to put the winner's favorite player as their avatar for a month. Winner supplies the picture for the losers. Anyone in? If I win, you're Dick Sherman for a month. :D

I vote for the sports book as Caesars.

I vote for the sports book as Caesars.

Sounds like a plan I'd buy into.

I think it should be early to mid Oct. Arrive on a Sat, leave on a Mon or Tue if we'd actually survive to make the MNF game. Still nice weather in the 80s, 50s at night.

Cape Brewing said:

Do you think cheshirecat speaks in pictures in person. Awkkkkkward!

I know I'm going to regret this but f it, here goes.

I do not have any issues with Belichick but I think he's he's been EXTREMELY lucky. The only QB of questionable substance the man has ever had to deal with was Cassel and that was arguably when the team was at their pinnacle of balance (by that I mean they had a pretty good defense at the time with reasonably decent offensive options outside of the QB position). He took the job with Bledsoe which, while I think he was a whiny *****, was a good at his position. He got dethroned by Brady who decided he was going to be on fire and actually followed through with it. He does seem to be declining somewhat since he's gotten quite a bit older admittedly but unless you've got a pretty good QB starting or at least one that fits the role you've designed the offense to produce with (Take the midget QB in Seattle for example and even in their case I think they'd bump him temporarily.) and most teams in the NFL would bump their starter if they had a chance at Brady even now. Perhaps Carolina or SF would be a better example but you get my point. I want to see Belichick produce after Brady either departs or retires. He's got some interesting options at the backup position last I saw and he may prove to do incredibly well but I just don't see that he's dealt with one of the primary coaching pains that most other Coaches have had to deal with. I can think of a dozen examples of coaches that got the axe because they couldn't nail down that one position with any consistency. Hell, I can think of two or three in Washington alone.

Sidenote, I actually kinda like the fact that he wears clothing that I'm guessing is more for his own comfort than how he looks in it. It bugs the **** out of my wife but all I can say is good for him. Frankly I'd like to see more of it and less of the snobby bs that you normally see.

I know I'm going to regret this but f it, here goes.

I do not have any issues with Belichick but I think he's he's been EXTREMELY lucky. The only QB of questionable substance the man has ever had to deal with was Cassel and that was arguably when the team was at their pinnacle of balance (by that I mean they had a pretty good defense at the time with reasonably decent offensive options outside of the QB position). He took the job with Bledsoe which, while I think he was a whiny *****, was a good at his position. He got dethroned by Brady who decided he was going to be on fire and actually followed through with it. He does seem to be declining somewhat since he's gotten quite a bit older admittedly but unless you've got a pretty good QB starting or at least one that fits the role you've designed the offense to produce with (Take the midget QB in Seattle for example and even in their case I think they'd bump him temporarily.) and most teams in the NFL would bump their starter if they had a chance at Brady even now. Perhaps Carolina or SF would be a better example but you get my point. I want to see Belichick produce after Brady either departs or retires. He's got some interesting options at the backup position last I saw and he may prove to do incredibly well but I just don't see that he's dealt with one of the primary coaching pains that most other Coaches have had to deal with. I can think of a dozen examples of coaches that got the axe because they couldn't nail down that one position with any consistency. Hell, I can think of two or three in Washington alone.

Yeah... I think you're stupid.

Ok, I was joking....

Yeah, I don't disagree that Brady has helped Belichick's cause quite a bit. How could you possibly argue against that? The only comment I would add though is what "great coach" DIDN'T have a top-flight QB?

Ok, I was joking....

Yeah, I don't disagree that Brady has helped Belichick's cause quite a bit. How could you possibly argue against that? The only comment I would add though is what "great coach" DIDN'T have a top-flight QB?

As much as it pains me to say this, Mike Ditka with the 85' Bears.
Although it helped to have one of (if not THE) best running backs of all time in Walter Payton.

Sidenote, I actually kinda like the fact that he wears clothing that I'm guessing is more for his own comfort than how he looks in it. It bugs the **** out of my wife but all I can say is good for him. Frankly I'd like to see more of it and less of the snobby bs that you normally see.

Belichick's dress code, and in fact most the head coaches in the league, irritate me. I miss the good days when NFL coaches wore suits and represented their franchise with class and professionalism. The Kraft family seems content to allow Belichick to dress like a homeless man so long as he keeps on winning. As much as I dislike basketball, the college and pro coaches still know how to dress with style.

It's all licensing. Was it Mike Nolan - the former coach of the 49ers - who raised a stink with the NFL because he WANTED to wear a suit on the sidelines (to honor one of the old coaches) and the league wouldn't let him at first? It's all got to be NFL-approved, licensed merchandise; I'm sure the Pats sell a ****ton of $80 Belichick sweatshirts through the Pro Shop. As I recall, BB went with the sweatshirt as basically a "**** you" to the league because of their policy; "You want me to wear something from this Reebok catalogue? I'LL SHOW YOU!"

As much as it pains me to say this, Mike Ditka with the 85' Bears.
Although it helped to have one of (if not THE) best running backs of all time in Walter Payton.

Is Mike Ditka really considered a "coaching great"? He's in the HOF as a player. He obviously had the '85 Bears but that team was based very heavily on that defense... a part if the team Ditka didnt really have anything to do with. That was all Buddy Ryan. Also, like you said, he had one of the best RBs ever and while McMahon ain't close in the "great QB" category, he did set career highs for yards and TDs in '85.

What else did he really do as a coach?? Other than the Ricky Williams draft circus?

Back