Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pleeeeease! Most of us have been fans for years. Back to the bad old days. Can you really fault us for being thrilled with our teams success? I remember the 80's.

Hahahahha. This is word for word the response of a good Yankees fan to all the haters who knock how they spend their money. Of course it's only acceptable if YOU are the one saying it though...

Hahahahha. This is word for word the response of a good Yankees fan to all the haters who knock how they spend their money. Of course it's only acceptable if YOU are the one saying it though...

Nope! Hate to bring parity into it, but with a salary cap it is totally different. You can't buy championships in football.

Also, I don't think many Yankees fans are lamenting having been a terrible team for decades before coming into their own and being the most dominant team for over a decade.

And seriously, don't sully the Patriots by mentioning them in the same sentence as the Yankees. Head on back to the crappy baseball thread. This thread is for guys that still have a team in the hunt, and the guys who envy them.

I heard at stat yesterday while tailgating that dropped my jaw... and honestly, even though no one will believe me, I actually don't mean this as any kind of trash talk. It just really surprised me...

Peyton Manning has gone one and done in the playoffs... anyone??

EIGHT times.

I couldn't believe that. That's a big number. I just double checked it and that's correct. He's gotten bounced out after one game eight times... including twice as the 1 seed and twice as the 2 seed.

15 years in the league with 14 seasons played (hurt last year). 12 playoff appearances but one and done in 8 of those.

2 SB appearances with 1 win.

I heard at stat yesterday while tailgating that dropped my jaw... and honestly, even though no one will believe me, I actually don't mean this as any kind of trash talk. It just really surprised me...

EIGHT times.

I couldn't believe that. That's a big number. I just double checked it and that's correct. He's gotten bounced out after one game eight times... including twice as the 1 seed and twice as the 2 seed.

15 years in the league with 14 seasons played (hurt last year). 12 playoff appearances but one and done in 8 of those.

So... you're saying Tom Brady is the best quarterback of all time?

Cape Brewing said:
That's not really what I was saying but... I mean... let's be honest... it's awfully tough to argue with that fact.

I need to look up how many playoff wins Brady has. I think its a lot.

16 or 17 after yesterday I believe I saw that stat during the game.

Yea that was the stat I saw. Hey cape I thought maybe you had to much brew or the pork went to your head just looking out for ya didnt want the other pats fans thinking you were slipping ;)

The Promised Land

image.jpg

... the dude in the very bottom right hand corner of that picture (grayish hair, balding..)... was falling asleep every five or so minutes... he nodded off during the game about 30 times. It was unreal. And it was obvious he hadn't had a drop to drink either. he was just sleepy apparently.

Unbelievable.

EIGHT times.

Yeah that's not good. It's the whole Montana Marino thing. Brady is Montana and Peyton is Marino. At least Peyton got the one otherwise it would be brutal. I mean just look at what a belligerent and bitter jack off Marino is now.

Cape Brewing said:
... the dude in the very bottom right hand corner of that picture (grayish hair, balding..)... was falling asleep every five or so minutes... he nodded off during the game about 30 times. It was unreal. And it was obvious he hadn't had a drop to drink either. he was just sleepy apparently.

Unbelievable.

Haha week 17 game I went to two dudes probablu close to 50 sit in front of me and my wife first guy is all happy telling us how this is his first game and tailgate second guy is falling backwards trying to take pictures with his camera. He then passes out right at kickoff doest wake up until halftime because state patrol was coming into our section and his buddy is picking him up staters leave and he passes out again never waking up until the game is over. These werent cheap tickets either and I cant justify or get why youd pay that much money just to sleep.

Airborneguy said:
I haven't looked this one up, but someone at work told me that Payton has never won a game played in under 15 degree temps.

0-4 im cold weather games to much babying in a dome.

Edit: thats just playoffs

Cape Brewing said:

EIGHT times.

But it's a team sport, right?

But it's a team sport, right?

ok... but then I don't want to hear that PEYTON MANNING is the greatest QB ever.... I want to hear that the Colts were the one of the best teams ever...

... which they weren't even close to.

You can't take all of his GOOD stats and say that was Peyton being awesome and then take his bad stats and say, "oh, well... its a team sport"

Man... if they win this weekend... SIX appearances in 12 years?? So averaging going to the SB every other year for over a decade.

GOD... practically gives you chills.

Back