Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, I prefer to root for teams that look to break scoring records (that they already happen to hold, thank you very much), and demoralize arch their rival team's mascots to the point of calling it quits along the way while doing it. Screw that parity wheel noise.

Here's hoping against hope that we don't see another botched post season though... Cape, for the love of God, stay home if they go to the Superbowl this year!

Not impressed. Sometimes you need to stop when it's still funny.

You got to admit it was funny watching old Petey complain about a bad call that cost him the game in the after game interview

I still like 'em but, yeah, it's definitely more a matter of sifting through to get to the couple good bits. The first few had me laughing all the way through.

He can probably buy a ticket.

What the hell happened to Green Bay last night? I know they were down a few players, but MAN... what the ****?

BEFORE reading the rest of the posts I'll speak to you :D. No excuses, but it's a combo. Some key down players on D and O but for the most part, it's the O line. TheRapist (at least thru November) has been sacked more than even Cutler. Anyone with a serious pass rush can jack it all up. Add in no RBs makes it even worse.

Giants own Packers, Packers own Bears. Some of it is "we get in their head" too. I heard it was their worst loss since I believe 2006 as well.

Nothing gayer than changing someone's quote; except maybe putting a big green smiley with it...

No better way to prove ya got nothin' to say (that's worth it's weight in $hit) than to start bein' a *****enozzle and callin' people $hit. Stay classy, Hoppy, stay classy.

Now for real, tonight's game, Eagles and Panthers. Could there be a more exciting Monday Night matchup? I'm psyched.

And what's amazing is if you remember back to the '07 Pats, I mean.... Daaaaaaamn, that was an amazing offense. Brady tossed 50 freakin TDs.

Yeah. This year's Pats' offense is even better than THAT.

Crazy

NordeastBrewer77 said:
No better way to prove ya got nothin' to say (that's worth it's weight in $hit) than to start bein' a *****enozzle and callin' people $hit. Stay classy, Hoppy, stay classy.

Now for real, tonight's game, Eagles and Panthers. Could there be a more exciting Monday Night matchup? I'm psyched.

Hey don't you ever talk like that to a man with such knowledge for the game. Do you know how many games he has gone to.....damn no respect.

Cape Brewing said:
Best.... Offense.... Eva!

Cape Brewing said:
And what's amazing is if you remember back to the '07 Pats, I mean.... Daaaaaaamn, that was an amazing offense. Brady tossed 50 freakin TDs.

Yeah. This year's Pats' offense is even better than THAT.

Crazy

We will see how "amazing" that offense is when you face a team with a defense that can hold its salt

I'm starting to get confused. Way too many west coasters fightin' with each other & I can't keep up if they all root for the same team or not. Add a sig or something so I can figure out WTF is going on :cross:

DesertBrew said:
I'm starting to get confused. Way too many west coasters fightin' with each other & I can't keep up if they all root for the same team or not. Add a sig or something so I can figure out WTF is going on :cross:

Go Browns!

We will see how "amazing" that offense is when you face a team with a defense that can hold its salt

I'm looking forward, past the Miami game, to the Pats playing Houston. They're still letting too many points scored. I like watching the Texans. I want to see a freezing cold night and all this "over the top"/pass interference cr*p to get tested on our D. Aqib bring your Motha.

TheDudeLebowski said:
I'm looking forward, past the Miami game, to the Pats playing Houston. They're still letting too many points scored. I like watching the Texans. I want to see a freezing cold night and all this "over the top"/pass interference cr*p to get tested on our D. Aqib bring your Motha.

Yeah, definitely should be a good game. I'm also looking forward to there matchup against the 49ers

Hey don't you ever talk like that to a man with such knowledge for the game. Do you know how many games he has gone to.....damn no respect.

Know what makes the claim "going to more games = more knowledge about the game" even more funny? I was talking to my wife's aunt at Thanksgiving, and she started to say to me what a dummy Gronk was for breaking his arm on one of his TD spikes... She's been to a few of the games this year (I've been to none - I watch from my comfy living room, homebrew firmly in one hand, DVR controls in the other), including the freaking game where he broke his arm. She HAD to notice that he was, you know, still in the game after both TD's he scored, yet she still somehow believed he broke his arm spiking the ball.

So clearly, going to the games doesn't magically bestow any special knowledge upon anybody. Sorry, Hoppy. Just makes you a fan - and there's nothing wrong with that.

That's funny. Did you slap your wife's aunt and tell her what a stupid ****** she is?

I bet you didn't.

Oh well... Next time you see her though... SLAP!!!! "That's for being a stupid ****** thinking Gronk broke his arm spiking the ball. What's wrong wit choo??!?"

That's funny. Did you slap your wife's aunt and tell her what a stupid ****** she is?

I bet you didn't.

I'll admit, it took amazing restraint to not ask her how the hell she thought the guy could have broken his arm throwing a freaking ball at the ground. Or asking her exactly how many $10 beers she had consumed in the stands the she could have possibly believed that... Instead, I just had to redirect, and insist that her "friend" who told her that was how the injury occurred was the stupid ******, and suggest that she slap that friend repeatedly.

I like the redzone.

I thought about getting the redzone but I'm figuring, since the Pats score the most points in the league, and I already watch the Pats, it would really just be replays of points being scored that I've already seen so... why bother?

For others though... that want to watch the Pats score over and over and over again... yes, the redzone could be a good tool for that if the Pats aren't locally televised in your area (which... is freakin' stupid... they should be on in every market)

Yeah, definitely should be a good game. I'm also looking forward to there matchup against the 49ers

I'm not sure if the SF game will mean anything to the Pat's at that point in the season. They may only play starters for the first half. I think HOU and SF are good challenges before the playoffs but I'd like to see the quick HOU offense more than the SF D. Plus MNF.

I def think that game will mean something... especially if the Pats beat the Texans the prior week.

the Pats can lock up the AFC East and a home playoff game by beating the Dolphins this weekend but they'll still want to push for a first round bye... they're one behind the Ravens and two behind the Texans... so.. i think every single game will count.

There is zero chance the Pats will play starters for only the first half with three games left in the season. Zero chance at all.

Only way the Pats only play starters for the first half is if they have the number 1 seed numerically locked up and they are up by 57 points going into the half.

Yeah, they'll be fighting for a first-round bye so there's no chance that the starters won't be in all game. The Miami game in week 17, that's one where people might sit *if*, for example, we lose to Houston (so the Texans had the tiebreaker) and Baltimore is one game ahead (since they already do have the tiebreaker).

But, all hands on board until then at the very least.

The AFC East is pretty much done, hoping the Pat's beat MIA. Houston has a pretty easy ending schedule and Ray Lewis will be up in his Lark again with a tough schedule. Denver could slide in. I seem to remember a couple of years ago they weren't all up on having a bye week which I think is stupid. The Pat's have an easy division. I do think they need the challenge of a SF. I think I may be swaying.

I def think that game will mean something... especially if the Pats beat the Texans the prior week.

the Pats can lock up the AFC East and a home playoff game by beating the Dolphins this weekend but they'll still want to push for a first round bye... they're one behind the Ravens and two behind the Texans... so.. i think every single game will count.

There is zero chance the Pats will play starters for only the first half with three games left in the season. Zero chance at all.

Only way the Pats only play starters for the first half is if they have the number 1 seed numerically locked up and they are up by 57 points going into the half.

It's like 1 and a half with the head to head loss to the Ravens. Ravens could certainly lose to the Steelers if they play a quarterback under age 60. Then they have Washington, Denver and Giants. Yee gads! Then they Pummel the Bengals. I would say we have a solid opportunity to make up two games here.

The AFC East is pretty much done, hoping the Pat's beat MIA. Houston has a pretty easy ending schedule and Ray Lewis will be up in his Lark again with a tough schedule. Denver could slide in. I seem to remember a couple of years ago they weren't all up on having a bye week which I think is stupid. The Pat's have an easy division. I do think they need the challenge of a SF. I think I may be swaying.

Miami's getting better. I'm not too worried about this week, and I don't see the Phins winning the division any time soon, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them be a wildcard team next year. Tannehill's a pretty good young QB, Reggie Bush is good, the defense is pretty decent (gotta worry a little bit about Cameron Wake this week)... I mean, they've got to get some playmakers, but I'm more worried about Miami in the next few years than I am about Buffalo or the JETS.

Don't worry. Baltimore is going to lose at least 2 out of the last 5 games.

BLAHHAAHCHCHC... get that reverse jinx crap outta here!! Mr. Oh... my team is all stinky and I just know we're gonna lose!

... so when they DO lose you can say, "seeeeeee... I tolllllllld you" (que the "lose music")... bwaaaaaamp... bwaaaaaamp... bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

... or when they win you can say, "Ohhhhhhh wow... I'm soooooo surprised! Buy yay for me!!!!"

You and your kind make me sick Dataz

Back