Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the real point is the blown OPI call.... if that call was made, the whole catch/non-catch/simultaneous catch thing would be moot. There were a whole bunch of phantom calls and non-calls in the 4th that got the game to the point where a last second hail mary was called. Honestly, I thought that the officiating was decent (considering the officials and some of the games recently) until late in a close game where both offenses were taking more chances and speeding up the game. The last drive for each team was laden with bad officiating, capped off by a horrible missed call on the last play. Which is what I expect from JuCo and H.S. officials in an NFL game.

They *never* call offensive pass interference on Hail Mary throws, though. People would be bitching about that aspect even if the regular refs were working the game, because the regular refs wouldn't have throw a flag for PI, either. It's not *right,* the game *should* be called consistently for the full 60 minutes... but it isn't. That's not specific to this game or these officials.

As per the "catch"... the Packers defender "caught" the ball more, but Tate sure looks like he caught it, too. The Packer guy caught it with two hands, Tate caught it with one. Catching the ball with two hands does not trump catching it with one hand. Looks pretty damn close to simultaneous catch to me.

Keep in mind, though, I'm *really* enjoying you Packers fans having to ***** and moan about ****ty referreeing today. Last night's game couldn't have ended any better from my point of view!

They *never* call offensive pass interference on Hail Mary throws, though. People would be bitching about that aspect even if the regular refs were working the game, because the regular refs wouldn't have throw a flag for PI, either. It's not *right,* the game *should* be called consistently for the full 60 minutes... but it isn't. That's not specific to this game or these officials.

As per the "catch"... the Packers defender "caught" the ball more, but Tate sure looks like he caught it, too. The Packer guy caught it with two hands, Tate caught it with one. Catching the ball with two hands does not trump catching it with one hand. Looks pretty damn close to simultaneous catch to me.

Keep in mind, though, I'm *really* enjoying you Packers fans having to ***** and moan about ****ty referreeing today. Last night's game couldn't have ended any better from my point of view!

GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!

I agree with a pats fan. :mad:

I'm all for this abbreviated game where it was 6-7. That makes so much damned sense. Why not just make it first to score wins?

What the hell is wrong with you people?
The game ends when there is 0:00:00 on the clock and there are no defensive penalties not the last score before the last bad call.

Congratulations, the NFL beat you into submission. You'll stand for this so you'll stand for anything.

The rest of the Hawk fans and every player on that team but Taint and Carroll have my respect. Taint and Carroll can **** off.

The roles were the other way around or do you not remember the Seahawk/Steeler Superbowl? The refs were horrible in that game and they affected the outcome of the game. But I'm man enough to admit that my team played like absolute CRAP and didn't deserve to win. If they'd played their game, then they'd have put it away and the officials wouldn't have mattered.

Actually no, Seattle did deserve to win that Super Bowl. It was a close hard fought game that had an unbelievably bad call. The Steelers were a very good team and Seattle was the underdog, they did put themselves in position to win and got ****ed. This whole concept of "oh they never should have been in a position for that to happen" is bull****. Two great ted battle it out to decide a winner, and when it's close bad calls do in fact decide games.

I'll say this to be my last little nugget on the final play. Why in God's name was the GB db trying to catch the ball? Knock the ball down and we don't have this stupid ending that makes no one right.

Also I heard there are GB fans that are protesting at Lambeau Field.

I'll say this to be my last little nugget on the final play. Why in God's name was the GB db trying to catch the ball? Knock the ball down and we don't have this stupid ending that makes no one right.

Yeah, because nobody ever catches those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now we know where he went. Moto's a part of the Arab, Ummmm Cheesehead Spring.

I often site anomalies when being snide. Of course it happens. The position of all the players in the endzone swat the ball and it'll be gameover

I don't know what everyone's so excited about. NFL posted this picture and it looks pretty cut and dried to me.

original.png

:D

Yes Damn them for getting excited they were given a win

Carroll acted like a complete ****stick. McCarthy and the Pack acted with class coming out for the extra point and Carroll jumped around like some rah rah dickhead who had just won the lottery in front of players who'd just been jobbed.

Wow. I just caught up on a bunch of posts... Including all of chshrcats.... And you fckr's call ME a homer!?!?!?!?

hey olllllo.... You have to admit. It's funny for us.

LOL

Cape Brewing said:
Wow. I just caught up on a bunch of posts... Including all of chshrcats.... And you fckr's call ME a homer!?!?!?!?

hey olllllo.... You have to admit. It's funny for us.

LOL

I should just delete everyone's posts and tell you all.

I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm just typing posts trying to compete.

olllllo said:
I should just delete everyone's posts and tell you all.

I'm just typing posts trying to compete.

You post whore you

So what should this play be called?

The fail Mary, senseless in Seattle, the inaccurate reception?

not mine:

Lubeless in Seattle
Touchreception
The Hose Bowl
Golden Taint
Go F--k Yourself, Lance Easley
Two Ref's, One Cup

not mine:

Lubeless in Seattle
Touchreception
The Hose Bowl
Golden Taint
Go F--k Yourself, Lance Easley
Two Ref's, One Cup

I think one of those are a reach haha Go F yourself doesnt have quite the ring to it

Alright alright. Evvvvvvvveryone can settle down now. Seattle won. End of story. If the pack hadn't sucked the joint out the rest of the game, they would have won but they didn't.

So... Let's continue to get BACK on topic. And you all know what that is.

Now... Some of the more ignorant of you will say, "But Cape.. Even though you're super cool and the Pats are awesome, they're still 1-2".

And that's true. BUT, the Pats played one bad game against Arizona (who is undefeated by the way) and were absolutely cheated out of a game by the refs against the Ravens. So.. On the whole, they are still freakin awesome and I think we would al be shocked if they lost another game this year.

Back