Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in the San Francisco area and I hope the Whiners get the snot kicked out of them. Funny thing, the Raider fans used to have the rep of being gang bangers and parolee's but now it is the Whiner fans that are the obnoxious ones. Mostly thugs that want to fight you if you don't like "Their team".
And what is with fans saying "we"? You are not part of the team, you did nothing to influence the game, for god's sake stop saying "we". LOL.

OK, rant off, and go Buffalo!!!!! I am so sick of the Mahomes and Kelcey commercials. Make it stop. LOL

I'm just hoping for a couple of decent games today, particularly the KC-Buffalo matchup, which should be entertaining.
Don't have a pick for that one, but I'll be mildly rooting for Detroit in the early game, just on general principle of a perennial loser making it to the playoffs...

Cheers!

Down to the penultimate games of the season, I'll be rooting for the 'dogs, Baltimore and Detroit.
I think they'd put on a good SuperbOwl :)
And by "'dogs'" I mean the traditional losers - I don't actually know who the favorites are - could be them!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I forgot something last week.

1706474948888741599857044474314.jpg

That was a suboptimal start to the evening.
I pin the Ravens loss on Harbaugh. That team had no freakin' discipline at all, and that's on the coach every time.

On to Detroit!

Personally, I'm glad the Ravens lost. There's a pretty easy argument to be made that they beat themselves and the stupid penalties are obviously a big part of that argument. But I'm not really sure you can blame the fumbles on Harbaugh.

I know this hurts the chiefs but automated play calling is worth investigating, too many games lost and won on bad calls
Aside from boundaries and line to gain, I'm not sure how much you can really automate in football. I'm also not sure what the product would look like if every single holding and pass interference was called.

But I'm way past wanting to bring on the robo-umps in baseball.

Detroit does what Detroit does, they just made it a little further than they have the past couple decades.

You can still say an underdog won, @day_trippr . It isn't like Brock Purdy was a top prospect, high draft pick, and all that.

My entire family was torn on who to root for until I pointed out SF had 5 Superb Owls while KC only had 3.
Then everyone was rooting for KC, although realizing that would inevitably bring out the "Dynasty" word was itself revolting.
But math is math, and the Patriots (and <cough> Steelers) aren't sharing...

Cheers!

Well they made it exciting at the end. Good for them.
I honestly felt the game was disappointing until the last 2 minutes of regulation. Then it got exciting.
What a great finish!
The halftime show was a yawner though. I think Prince still holds the crown as best halftime show.

Sadly I doubt I'll still be alive the next time the Bears win it.

Well, we live in WI, so....

After that, our hearts were pulling for Detroit. But then, sort of mildly, pulling for the impish Big Helmet and crew.

Only holy hell. Anyone else concerned for Taylor Swift? Kelce appears to be a raging psycho. His WWF/rave announcer imitation at the end, coupled with beating up on an old dude with a decent 'stache.

kelce meltdown.jpg

Hey, at least it gave me a chance to do some Memphis ribs, with pils.

ribs and pils.jpg

Mmmmm! Ribz! 🤤🤤🤤

btw, I read that the NFL doesn't test for steroids during SuperbOwl week. Could have been ragin'?
Hmmm.....either way. Kelce, in response to the blowback from his meltdown, on his Coach Reid:

“He’s helped me a lot with that, with channeling that emotion, with channeling that passion and I owe my entire career to that guy and being able to kind of control how emotional I get.

Um, if that's control....god help anyone when the dude gets the wrong coffee he ordered.😲

Back