Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Distant memories. I lived a couple of blocks from Fenway in '86. Snuck into a couple of post season games and sat right next to Pesky's Pole. Disappointment? Riots? Those were good times.

I hear ya... Providence is actually an awesome city but not exactly a craft beer Mecca. There are some great spots for sure but not a huge number that would be ideal for a large conference like this.

I’m only 20 min outside of Providence so I woulda swung down and thrown a beer at you.

I hear ya... Providence is actually an awesome city but not exactly a craft beer Mecca. There are some great spots for sure but not a huge number that would be ideal for a large conference like this.

I’m only 20 min outside of Providence so I woulda swung down and thrown a beer at you.

Providence doesn't have a ton of breweries but there are a lot within a 15 minute drive. Apponaug, Foolproof (not the best but decent), Long Live (just moved to a much bigger location), Proclamation, Linesider (50% owned by Dan Koppen), Smug, to name a few. There are more great ones but those are more of a 20 to 25 minute drive. There are some good beer pubs in Providence though. Rogue Island, G Pub, Congress Tavern, Wickenden Street Pub, Wild Colonial (good selection, weird atmosphere).

I don't think the selection of breweries or good restaurants is an issue. I'm questioning how they are going to handle the amount of people at the Dunk. Doesn't seem like a great place to have an expo and sessions at the same time.

Tilted Barn is in that 20-25 minute window but I'd recommend it. I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Drink it fresh. It definitely changed quickly.
IMG_20190323_130717.jpeg

Providence doesn't have a ton of breweries but there are a lot within a 15 minute drive. Apponaug, Foolproof (not the best but decent), Long Live (just moved to a much bigger location), Proclamation, Linesider (50% owned by Dan Koppen), Smug, to name a few. There are more great ones but those are more of a 20 to 25 minute drive. There are some good beer pubs in Providence though. Rogue Island, G Pub, Congress Tavern, Wickenden Street Pub, Wild Colonial (good selection, weird atmosphere).

I don't think the selection of breweries or good restaurants is an issue. I'm questioning how they are going to handle the amount of people at the Dunk. Doesn't seem like a great place to have an expo and sessions at the same time.

Agree 100%. I really meant right downtown. It’s a conference that’ll draw folks from all over the country and, ideally, you want an area that’ll have enough amenities close by that people can walk to. Most of these people aren’t going to have cars and shooting down to Exeter to hit Tilted Barn, for example, would be a tough slog for most attendees.

Craft Brewer’s Con is going on in Denver right now... you can walk out of your hotel, walk to the Conf center, and then hit two dozen great beer spots within a five block walk. Providence isn’t like that.

Agree 100%. I really meant right downtown. It’s a conference that’ll draw folks from all over the country and, ideally, you want an area that’ll have enough amenities close by that people can walk to. Most of these people aren’t going to have cars and shooting down to Exeter to hit Tilted Barn, for example, would be a tough slog for most attendees.

Craft Brewer’s Con is going on in Denver right now... you can walk out of your hotel, walk to the Conf center, and then hit two dozen great beer spots within a five block walk. Providence isn’t like that.

Yeah the options within walking distance are limited. Hopefully the RI Brew Bus will have more runs going and have pick up at hotels. That would be a nice option for people. Even though breweries aren't within walking distance, there are a lot within a quick drive. Perfect for the Brew Bus.

Tilted Barn is in that 20-25 minute window but I'd recommend it. I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Drink it fresh. It definitely changed quickly.

They are one of my favorites and only 10 minutes from me. Linesider is a good one too. A good diverse selection of styles instead of NEIPAs and stouts

Oh good grief, we just got off that subject not that long ago. Now Cape is going to gloat like soliciting prostitution isn't also a crime.

Apparently Seattle approves of the course taken by Green Bay, and how the signing deal with Rogers has hamstrung the team.

In Seattle's quest to be able to claim #1 at something - anything - they have guaranteed themselves continuation only of the satisfaction of 'making the playoffs' every year ... but without the financial cap room necessary to keep the other talent needed to win the Big Game

Terrible football player

Never said he was terrible (he is... but I never said that).... but “highest paid player in the NFL”??? Stop it.

What happened to “the smartest GM ever to GM” and all that bullcrap from a couple years ago when they had everyone getting paid a handful of nickels? Now the entire D is gone and Russell freakin’ Wilson is making twice as much as Brady per year??

Bwuaaaaa. Ahahahahahahha!!!!!!

HAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Never said he was terrible (he is... but I never said that).... but “highest paid player in the NFL”??? Stop it.

What happened to “the smartest GM ever to GM” and all that bullcrap from a couple years ago when they had everyone getting paid a handful of nickels? Now the entire D is gone and Russell freakin’ Wilson is making twice as much as Brady per year??

Bwuaaaaa. Ahahahahahahha!!!!!!

HAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Pretty sure I know who's laughing now!

Who dafuq said "smartest GM to ever GM"? I swear you guys just manifest this bs in your heads the spew it like it's truth.

Oh please... when Seattle was good for those two years everyone in the media was deepthroating that dude as the next messiah. Talking about how he was creating a whole new way to run a team.

Pthfhftftftftfyfttttt!

Back