Oak cubes vs Xoakers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmd2k1

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on oak cubes vs Xoakers.

I've gone thru the Barrel Mimic Experiment in the Mead thread & the OP prefers Xoakers -- wondering what other's experience has been.

Cheers [emoji111]

Last edited:
Ordered some med+ toast French oak Xoakers from morebeer.com - will try out & report back [emoji16]

Cheers [emoji111]

Last edited:
I have a batch that is on its second month with the xoakers, but I haven’t tasted it yet, or tried any other products to compare with.

I have a batch that is on its second month with the xoakers, but I haven’t tasted it yet, or tried any other products to compare with.
How many Xoakers per gal ya using? How much time ya giving em?

Cheers[emoji111]

I’m more or less following loveofroses instructions in the barrel mimicking experiment. I have the whole pack of 8 xoakers in a 3gaL batch of melomel (he recommends 3 per gal), along with 9mL fruit enhancing liquid tannins. I might give it 3 months, but I haven’t taste tested yet.

Curious how your aging has turned out.

I just got my Xoakers & added 1 to a half gal of my mixed Berry vino & 2 to 1gal of my faux ice cider. Now it's waiting time.

Cheers [emoji111]

Back