Nutrition breakdown of LME/DME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewOnBoard

Reaction score
I've been thinking of making smoothies in a small blender for breakfast and for post workout. While looking for ingredients for smoothies and shakes I thought (of course) about beer. While a breakfast stout is probably equal to a breakfast smoothie, and an oatmeal stout great for post workout, I do have to drive to work...:D

I was wondering if anyone has the nutrition breakdown of LME or DME? You know the one, with calories, carbs, fiber, sugar and complex carbs. I'm especially interested in knowing if there is any fiber and what the carb breakdown in LME or DME is. Are the carbs all short chain sugars or long ones as well?

Bet LME would go well in my home made energy bars too....

BrewOnBoard

I really do not want to know the nutritional breakdown on what is in my beer.... thats why I work out hard cause I don't know whats in there ;)

You can always add flax seed to your shakes.. gives you plenty of fiber and kinda of a nutty taste to it (mix with some fat free yogurt, frozen strawberries or bananas, skim milk, and a splash of oj). You'll be good to go!

Back