nugget hops galore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snazzy

Reaction score
I have ordered, planted, and are growing three different hops from freshhops.com. Cascades, Centenial, and nuggets. All are doing well, but my nuggets are just shooting up.
It looks like I will have alot of nuggets on hand, and since I bought them because they were a hardy variaty not because I know ther characteristics. I was hoping someone could tell me any good recipes, thoughts, or experiences with they had with them.
Any input on nuggets would be great. THANKS!!

All I know is that their an herbal and spicy high alpha hop. I would think they would make a decent IPA, especially along with those Centennial and Cascades. Thats the first type of brew I'd use them for, but I'm a hophead who loves IPA's so take my opinion for what it's worth. They would probably be good bittering hops for many different brews. That's all I've got for you, but I'm sure someone here has used them and could give you some better info.

They work really well as a bittering hop and work well with Cascades or Amarillo. Look online for anything dealing with hop substitutions or pairing of hops.

Its because they are named after me, anything with my name is bound to do well.

You can make a fantastic IPA with just Nuggett and it's a good bittering hop for many styles. If you have enough, you might consider doing a fresh hop IPA the day you harvest.

I have ordered, planted, and are growing three different hops from freshhops.com. Cascades, Centenial, and nuggets. All are doing well, but my nuggets are just shooting up.

That's pretty cool, those are the 3 varieties I chose, also! The nugget is way outperforming the rest! Everybody is saying IPA, but I will probably use it for bittering in several different styles.

A nugget IPA has more than got my imagination going. I would love to know if any well known micros brew with them. Really be interested to know if they use for flavor and aroma.

Check out Troegs brewery website. THey have a seasonal beer called Nugget Nectar which is just out of this world!! They list the ingredients they use on the site.

Back