Not to happy!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakedasnake

Reaction score
I just tried my Belgian White beer that i kegged last night, it was in primary for about 3 weeks and moved to secondary and cold crashed for about 5 days. All i have to say it that i am not very happy at all, the beer has a very malty flavor along with a bit of yeast flavor. I gave it to my girlfriend and she said that it tasted watered down to her. This is my 5th batch and before this every other one has turned out good. They have all been ether LME or DME, this particular one is a DME from Austin home brew. All of my other ones have been from midwest brew. Just trying to figure out if i made a mistake or something that i can fix for future batches. Anyone else have the same taste with this beer or any others?

I've only made 2 batches of wheat beer in my brewing history. Both were extract batches, and both taste kinda strange. Now that I do all grain I want to make a wheat batch and see if it has the same strange taste as the extract batches I made. My all grain beers all taste so much better than any of my extract batches did. I'm starting to suspect that the extracts I was using were old, had gotten hot during shipping, or I just have a sensitive pallet when it comes to extract beers....

Malty & Yeasty taste?...just sounds green to me. And you're only 5 weeks in? Give it some time. I made a heff about 8 mons ago and didn't start liking it until about 2 weeks ago. That's an extreme example, especially for a wheat, but, the point is...give it some time to find its flavor.

Back