Not the normal keg post leak!! Need Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan0914

Reaction score
So I just noticed that my keg that I had my soda in is leaking from the out post. But this is the thing, its not from the normal screw connection where the valf connects, Its where that whole assembly connects from the keg itself. Its leaking right under the lip where the surfaces touch.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so how did you fix it.
I was thinking that i could silver solder the joint and that would do it. but would it, and can it even seal under pressure?
Whats everyone's thoughts, this is one of my 3 gal's so I don't want to have to retire it

Can you post a pic of where it is leaking from? there are o-rings under the post on the dip tube and on the gas inlet tube, could it be leaking from the seal in there on the liquid side?

ya ill try to get some up tomorrow. but its not leaking from the screw on part of the post. its leaking from under the post, where the post is actually connected to the stainless material of the keg walls. Im guessing the post is just pressed in and came loose, thats why im thinking i could silver solder it to seal it, but im not sure and don't have any experience with either.

If your keg is leakin there, I would clean it well, apply plumbing flux to the area and silver solder it if possible, it should hold fine. I have a spray bottle of this amazing heat transfer gel that I use at work when doing harness repairs, it keeps the heat from wicking out past the repair area, I got it off my Matco dealer's truck but it might be available at a welding supply place or maybe even a well stocked Napa store.

Latest posts

Back