Not sure if my batch is fermenting properly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniperspyder

Reaction score
Hey all!

I am new to all grain brewing and my first batch is in the fermenter. I brewed it Sunday and here it is Thursday. I am not sure if this is going properly as I see only mini-micro bubbles in the airlock and the following photo view. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

100_2009.jpg

WHat's the current gravity? That's how you know how your beer's fermenting....It's really odd telling an All grain brewing to use their hydrometer. I use that and a refractomter constantly during the process, from preboil grav readings on.....That's usually the advice we give noob brewing doing their first extract batch. Not someone brewing AG where more attention to details like that need to be paid attention to.

The really important question is... did your girlfriend decorate your carboy? :D

Gravity reading is going down, started at about 1.055 and now sitting at 1.014. So I should be good to go.

Yes she did decorate it as a matter of fact, her contribution to the process!

Thanks for the help.

We had 2 of'em. Wore'em out years ago,they were the spigot kind. Had to go to Super Wally World to get another one.

Back