Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vargas is with the royals now. Our rotation has been pretty solid actually except for Santiago who was demoted to the bullpen and Shoemaker was called up. shoemaker has dominated so far in 2 starts. I'd rather that money go into the bullpen anyway

Vargas is with the royals now. Our rotation has been pretty solid actually except for Santiago who was demoted to the bullpen and Shoemaker was called up. shoemaker has dominated so far in 2 starts. I'd rather that money go into the bullpen anyway

Shows how the mariners have crushed my caring of baseball haha can't even name rotations of div. Opponents

14 players (counting Fielder) on the DL. Most in the Majors. Dammit! The Rangers just can't catch a break this year. And now it looks like Profar has had a set back and may be out another 2-3 months. And the (3rd string) CF that was just called up, Robertson, looks like he will hit the DL as well, due to smashing his face into Rios' knee yesterday. We just can't catch a break this year. Unbelievable. SMH!

14 players (counting Fielder) on the DL. Most in the Majors. Dammit! The Rangers just can't catch a break this year. And now it looks like Profar has had a set back and may be out another 2-3 months. And the (3rd string) CF that was just called up, Robertson, looks like he will hit the DL as well, due to smashing his face into Rios' knee yesterday. We just can't catch a break this year. Unbelievable. SMH!

Texas has a bunch for sure. If you check the MLB injury status page the next closest is 8, a few 7's. No one close to 14. I was watching the game when Robertson collided with Rios. I saw something fly out of his mouth and wasn't sure if it was a mouthguard or parts of his jaw. Heard today it was a wad of gum.

Amazing Tigers victory last night. Walk-off Grand Slam to win 5-4 over the A's. Glad it was one of the few times I've got to tune in this season so far.

Hope you had a chance to see Porcello tonight. Last night I had a feeling after the Jackson walk, it seems Rajai can rise to the occasion, it had this guy raising both arms and scaring the neighbors with my yell.

So glad the break is here. The Rangers are 3-22 in the last 25. Worst record in all of baseball. Just a terrible first half all around. Piss poor play, injuries, bad decisions. Everything has just gone wrong. I dont know if the break will help, but it damn sure cant hurt!

As a full on Yankee hater, i intend to pay full respect to the greatness that is Derek Jeeter during the game tomorrow though. Just like i did Mariano last year. Yay baseball!

So glad the break is here. The Rangers are 3-22 in the last 25. Worst record in all of baseball. Just a terrible first half all around. Piss poor play, injuries, bad decisions. Everything has just gone wrong. I dont know if the break will help, but it damn sure cant hurt!

As a full on Yankee hater, i intend to pay full respect to the greatness that is Derek Jeeter during the game tomorrow though. Just like i did Mariano last year. Yay baseball!

It's bizarro world with the Ms in contention and the rangers playing like the Astros.

Jeter mentioned over 100 times in tonight's broadcast. Tony Gwynn not mentioned once. Modern day media for you. Shameful...

Jeter mentioned over 100 times in tonight's broadcast. Tony Gwynn not mentioned once. Modern day media for you. Shameful...

The day the season ends (hopefully with the Yankees not making the postseason) I'll be popping a bottle to hopefully not having to hear Jeter's name for 5 years.

BTW wnat to read one of the dumbest things you'll read. Look up an article written by someone who says that Jeter should have a Hall of Fame exception made for him so he can be inducted with Rivera. Guy is legit dumb and why I can't wait til Jeter is out of baseball the overrating of him by Yankees fans is comical to say the least.

Wait a second. you guys don't know nuttin'. Today is the third day after Jeets acclamation. And lo, when the sportswriters get to the Yankees locker room they will find his locker empty and Jeets will have ascended to heaven to sit at the right hand of Babe Ruth. And the true believers will have everlasting joy as they proclaim that Jeeter is the best baseball player of all time.

And this is the word of Abner Doubleday.|

1405700342630.jpg

Why am I hoping a trade for Ben friggen Zobrost goes through? I mean yes David price might come with it but good golly miss Molly it's sad he'd be an upgrade as a utility player to the fielders we have.

Wait a second. you guys don't know nuttin'. Today is the third day after Jeets acclamation. And lo, when the sportswriters get to the Yankees locker room they will find his locker empty and Jeets will have ascended to heaven to sit at the right hand of Babe Ruth. And the true believers will have everlasting joy as they proclaim that Jeeter is the best baseball player of all time.

And this is the word of Abner Doubleday.|
bwahahahaha

Tigers are looking pretty decent. Good now we don't have to listen to him complain about David Ortiz. You know I don't understand why it's ok for a pitcher to pump his fist and scream when they strike a guy out to end an inning, but it's poor sportsmanship to flip a bat when you hit a big homerun.

Happy with Jack Z today. Didn't give up the big pieces for craps and upgraded the OF

It's going to take a few days for me to digest all the trades and subsequent call ups from the minors. It's amazing that every site is updating the 25 and 40 man rosters so quickly though. I was watching the game when the possible Price trade was announced, but not confirmed. Then when Jackson was pulled I knew it was a done deal. It's disappointing that we lost Smiley also, but .... So we get Price, and a call up for minor league Carrrera to replace them.

Tigers are looking pretty decent. Good now we don't have to listen to him complain about David Ortiz. You know I don't understand why it's ok for a pitcher to pump his fist and scream when they strike a guy out to end an inning, but it's poor sportsmanship to flip a bat when you hit a big homerun.

Most pitchers don't do that. Especially starting pitchers.Ortiz has always bat flipped and stared which has become more common in baseball but is a baseball no no for traditionalists. I can't think of something similar outside of sports because it's jsut poor sportsmanship. It's become accepted today like sack dances, but baseball for sure is more tradition based than football so it meets much more resistance.

I agree with you that, as a traditionalist myself, I could do without it. I disagree that most pitchers don't fist pump or yell something off the mound after having a good inning.

So far the Price trade has been working out...

I'm still not convinced it was a net gain with the Tigers. They way they have been hot and cold both pitching and hitting gives me a bad feeling for the playoffs.

Back