Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to see if the Angels will actually try to win tomorrow, or help the division by losing again. I'm waiting to see what lineup they post. It's going to be a great day either way. I want Cleveland to get a spot in the Wild Card but can see a 3 way tie. Indians lose, Texas, Tampa win. In that case on Monday the Indians would play Tampa in Tampa. The Loser travels to Texas Tuesday. The winner to get the second wild card.

Watching Sanchez (Tigers) pitch right now. I think he has to throw 6 innings of shutout to win the ERA title, 7 innings if he allows a run.

It didn't make a difference if Sanchez got a win, loss, or no decision. The ERA was the thing. Reed took the loss. See you in AA ball Reed. Hitting a guy in the head shows a complete lack of control. Where in the Detroit area are you PP? I can recommend some brewery's.

It didn't make a difference if Sanchez got a win, loss, or no decision. The ERA was the thing. Reed took the loss. See you in AA ball Reed. Hitting a guy in the head shows a complete lack of control. Where in the Detroit area are you PP? I can recommend some brewery's.

haha. Reed won't see the big field again.

I was in Centerline (Mopar's R&D facility, north of Detroit, wherever that was). I'm actually in Toledo now. Had some beers in Ypsilanti at a place called Corner Brewery, which was part of something called Arbor Brewing. They had some excellent beers there. I'm flying back South this afternoon, perfectly timed to miss today's games. Ugh.

Here we go again PP!!! What a day of baseball. One of us hangs it up tomorrow. Im glad the game is here but i sure dont like you having Price on the mound.

Let's hope the better team wins. If Price is on his game, it'll be tough for you. But you have a great hitting team, always have, so it's unstoppable force / immovable object time. Game on!

PP you should be glad you were traveling instead of watching the game today. The results were good for the Rays. The actual game was way too much a nail biter. I was glad I watched it being somewhat impartial. I can't imagine being a diehard Rays fan and having to watch the last couple innings. Texas has a good BA against Price. I have Texas beating TB tomorrow. 8-3

PP you should be glad you were traveling instead of watching the game today. The results were good for the Rays. The actual game was way too much a nail biter. I was glad I watched it being somewhat impartial. I can't imagine being a diehard Rays fan and having to watch the last couple innings. Texas has a good BA against Price. I have Texas beating TB tomorrow. 8-3

After we clean up on Texas, Cleveland, and Boston, it will be Detroits turn. See you soon!

[yes, I'm a delusional homer]

After we clean up on Texas, Cleveland, and Boston, it will be Detroits turn. See you soon!

I don't think you will see the Tigers. I don't have them getting past the A's. I have my bracket set and have a Sox, STL world series with STL being the WS champs.

This would be nice. As good as Price is, Texas has had his number. He is 1-4 against us and his ERA is 5.98 and Opponent BA is roughly .275. He has his work cut out for him. BUT, we are bringing out a rookie tonight. A rookie that has been pretty damn good this year, be nevertheless, a rookie. Should be fun though. I am a little concerned that to advance to the ALDS, it will take 9 straight wins from Texas. Oh well, 2 more to go!

bwahahahahahaha

I wanted the Reds to win (dad took us to Reds games when we were pups), but I have nothing against the Pirates (excepts for the whole Barry Bonds thing). The Pirates fans earned this one and I hope they win the whole damn thing.

Being overseas, I don't keep a close eye on sports back home but I always check in at the beginning of October to check to see where my team landed, happy to see that the great green and gold has taken another division championship!

Go A's. Now I just have to find a sports bar that will be open at 8am, so I can go buy breakfast and watch the game.

Is there anything more annoying in baseball than Atlanta Braves fans using the Florida State Seminoles ohho oh oho tomahawk chant?

Maybe Wil Meyers gaf in right field in the 4th inning will replace Bill Buckners under the glove as the worst blunder in post season baseball.

Is anyone other than me praying for a lifetime ban for the dooshbag, A-rod? I can't fvcking stand this piece of ****. And now this lawsuit makes me hate him even more.

PP, have fun tonight! Should be a good game.

PP, what a great game. the best game so far. Do you have tickets for game 4? I'd like to see the series go back to Boston.

Back