Not Another Forum! DOH!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilson1417

Reaction score
So I subscribed to anothe one. An important one I'll say!:mug:

Been brewing for 3-4 years now. Took some time off here and there, been getting some funky flavors the last couples batches (kinda detering). But got a sweet cream stout a day or two away from bottling so things are loking up.

Been eyeing the "all grain" thing abunch lately. Seems to be some pretty elaborate stuff around here.

Any suggestions as to getting my feet wet slowly would be great. Seems like single step mashing isn't much differnt than most of the recipes I'm used to?
Cheers, I'm out:rockin:
Joey

Check out this article for a good first step towards all grain. It describes a simple partial mash brewing technique which is intended to get you comfortable with the process of mashing grains.

It is fairly stress free as the majority of fermentables still come from extract, but your beer will benfit from the 'freshly' mashed grains without a great deal of investment in equipment as a full boil is not required.

http://byo.com/feature/1536.html

Back