Northern Discovery Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellecitybrewer

Reaction score
I was bored online and ended up stumbling upon this hop farm called Silver Hops LLC and their unusual hops. Has anyone brewed with them or even heard of them? Seeing as how they come from Wisconsin, I'm definitely intrigued to try use something native to my state...

http://silverhops.com/Home_Page.php

A brewmeister acquaintance of mine in Wash DC has used these hops in a Saison he brewed for this years DC Savor. It was a very good beer, hops took some of the sourness out of the Saison, so not your traditional Saison but more to my liking at least. I can provide the Saison recipe if anyone is interested in trying these hops and going a little off the beaten path.

It would be cool If you could go there and buy wet hops at harvest time. Where are they located?

It would be cool If you could go there and buy wet hops at harvest time. Where are they located?

North of Madison. Harvest was sometime in August, you can probably ask thru the website for more details I suppose. Maybe they will even do a "pick-your-own" hops LOL. I went to school at UW and heard about these hops thru a friend still in the area.

I met the owner in San Antonio last month. He has given some hops for testing to my LHBS and to the president of my organization (www.sanantoniocerveceros.org). Haven't gotten my hands on any to brew with yet - but I'm interested. I'd probably do a single hop IPA with them and see how they turn out.

Just bought a half pound, looking to make a "local brew," along with Briess malt from Chilton WI. Heartland brew for the heartland!

Back