Northern Brewer tequila beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not so sure about tequilla in beer, but it's nice to see them recommending the late extract addition method. I used it on a pale ale and I think it helped reduce that caramelly flavor you get in extract beer. And it's much lighter in color too.

They also have a "moonshine" type extract beer. I think it's a gimmick to try and attract certain demographics...but maybe not and it is actually delicious

most people think of cheap tequilla like Jose...a top shelf tequilla has more of the smooth fruit flavor which might compliment a nice pale ale or a light ipa with citra or cascades?

Yeah it says use a high quality tequila. As i said i'm not knocking, and it could be an awesome compliment, i just think its a tad gimmicky.

per their recipe sheet - "We recommend
a reposado or anejo to compliment the sweet malt,
and only 100% pure agave, for the best companion to
this hop monster."

Sounds interesting, and maybe quite tasty. If nothing else it's a good excuse to buy a bottle of nice tequila...but it still makes me think of:

Tequiza.jpg

Does the recipe kit come with a packet of freeze-dried worms to put in each bottle? 'Cause if it does, I'm ordering it NOW.

Does the recipe kit come with a packet of freeze-dried worms to put in each bottle? 'Cause if it does, I'm ordering it NOW.

a beer with hallucinogenic properties! the marketing on this is fool proof!

A shot of corallejo repo into a pacifico, my old man used to call this a "baja Gatorade"

I did an Agave Wheat beer a few years ago, but went quite a bit overboard with the agave... Using agave syrup as a fermentable instead of tequila in the finished/fermented product might give an interesting different character...

I just put one of my IPA's into a secondary, I added a half shot of patron to it, guess ill find out how it taste soon enough.

biochemedic said:
Sounds interesting, and maybe quite tasty. If nothing else it's a good excuse to buy a bottle of nice tequila...but it still makes me think of:

First thing that popped into my mind too. My friends had a big Tequiza phase in high school. That crap tastes like Fruity Pebbles.

I brewed this one up about 2 months ago when NB came out with it but did a 3 gallon AG batch and skipped the Tequila addition just to see how the beer recipe stood on its own. Still turned out to be a solid beer and the Mosaic really shines. Much more grapefruity than Citra.
Certainly on my "To brew again" list for a summer/beach beer.

Back