noob, couple questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ds0oc1

Reaction score
This is my first post here as I just started getting into home brew. I've got the majority of my supplies but still need a brew pot.

I currently live in an apartment building and don't think that I'll be able to get a hard boil on my small electric stove. I do have a balcony in my building with enough room for a burner so I was thinking I could just do it there. After looking around at some burners and pots things started getting a little pricey but then I found this in the outdoor cooking section at Canadian Tire:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/outdoor-living/bbqs-smokers-accessories/propane-deep-fryers/master-chef-country-cooker-kit-0851119p.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default#.U3eN4fldUsM

Is there any issues with me doing the boil outside on my balcony? Would this burner/pot suffice while I begin learning how to brew?

Cheers,
:mug:

That will definitely work. It's pretty much what I use.

As for on your balcony that's another story. Most apartment buildings I know of restrict you from using anything like that or a grill on your balcony for fire code reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Okay, well other than the possible fire hazard is there any other reason I shouldn't brew on my balcony?

No I brew outside every time. I will back up into the front of the garage if it's too windy but otherwise I'm out in the open.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back