No Waste and Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bettencourts

Reaction score
Hello! I am friends with a brewer named Bob. Who makes amazing concoctions. However, I don't really drink.. But I love using his waste product. He brings me over the fermented grain and I turn them into magical flours and crackers and breads and his lilac metals into amazing paper products and fun scones and such. He recently taught me to make apple cider vinegar... Well, technically he left me high and dry after the cider phase. Declaring while raising his hands that he doesn't make vinegar... that would be bad and he couldn't watch me ruin amazing cider!! But I digress. I am a social media content creator that teaches people how to use the spent grains and by products from the brewing process. So while I won't be around all the time... I do love this resource you have built.

And if Bob The Brewer his here... The Oat Barley Graham Crackers are coming out of the oven in 10.

Hello! I am friends with a brewer named Bob. Who makes amazing concoctions. However, I don't really drink.. But I love using his waste product. He brings me over the fermented grain and I turn them into magical flours and crackers and breads and his lilac metals into amazing paper products and fun scones and such. He recently taught me to make apple cider vinegar... Well, technically he left me high and dry after the cider phase. Declaring while raising his hands that he doesn't make vinegar... that would be bad and he couldn't watch me ruin amazing cider!! But I digress. I am a social media content creator that teaches people how to use the spent grains and by products from the brewing process. So while I won't be around all the time... I do love this resource you have built.

And if Bob The Brewer his here... The Oat Barley Graham Crackers are coming out of the oven in 10.
Welcome to HBT!

As for those oat barley graham crackers - images or they never happened :D

Welcome and what a wonderful ethos. I´d love to read more!

I don't want to hijack your thread, but the timing is pretty crazy - I also use up sourdough "leftovers" by incorporating old bread or discarded starter. Started another thread so as not to distract from your welcome here.

Last edited:
Welcome from the sometimes sunny San Francisco. I have been trying to get my wife to use the spent grains I have. Seems like such a waste to dump 20 pounds of grain into the recycle/compost bin. Any recipes you might have would be great, or a link to them.

Latest posts

Back