No, I'm not dead :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Wow.... feels good to be back. Lost my internet connection for a while. Went backrupt from all the medical bills..... Also been dealing with a lot of pain this past year, but it looks to be turning around now. And the latest, as of last Friday, is I am now a medicine induced Diabetic. What can I say... if it's not one thing it's another.

So. How are you guys doing? And those of you who don't know me... a warm big HELLO to you :mug:

Good to see you back. Sorry about all of the hard times, hope all gets better for you.

HOLY CRAP!

God LIVES! :rockin:

Kickazz to see you man! Sorry the year has sucked, but hopefully it's a turning point. Keep up the good fight. Lots of stuff been goin' on, but I'm sure you'll catch up.

All the best, and Merry Christmas to YOU! :mug:

Ize

Been dealing with Spinal Stenosis. Had epidurals and PT and you name it. Looks like everyone was so focused on the spinal stenosis that they forgot to check other things that could be causing pain. So I basiscly fired them all and changed doctors since they were not doing anything to improved the situation. Changed to an othopedic team and they were very quick to find out that I have hip arthritis. Just got a cortisone shot in my hip yesterday (man does it hurt .... damm....).

Also this past 8 or so months I just have not been feeling good. Well with all the things goin on that have been causing pain it made sense that I did not feel good. No specific syntoms really. Just feeling kinda ic. Always thirsty. Woke up like 3 or 4 times just to get a good drink and obviously take a trip to the bathroom. So my cardiologist had a moment and asked me what else. I just dont have any energy..... sometimes I feel kinda weak and dizzy. Many of my heart meds could do this so it was not surprising to him. I have family history of Diabetes but have been tested for it MANY times. Eh.. he said... lets test it out one more time. Do a non fasting 3 month average test. So a week later I get the results.

My blood glucose level was at 320! I'm told with a level that high, my body is ALWAYS dehydrated. So got a meter and stuff... told the CVS person that I've been kinda upset since I found out about the results. She said all I need is a few new toys to get my mind off the disease and pointed out to this top of the line meter :cross: Talked to dietitian and nurse today (they were impressed that I not only spent the money on the top of the line meter, but I have actually been figuring out how to use some of the more advanced features). Have classes next month. I was expecting that they were going to tell me that I cant have a beer. Ever. Was pretty much the opposite. Have to restrict drinking obviously. With the med I'm on now.... 3 a week. But she said we can change that to allow a little more. 3 a week is generally what I drink at any rate.

Hey I'm still breathing :ban:

Hang in there, bro. You CAN get your diabetes under control. Learn everything they have to teach you, go learn a little more on your own, follow what they recomend and pay strict attention to your diet. Eventually, you may be able to relax the restrictions the diabetes has placed on your life. But it is very important that you keep your glucose levels in check.

PTN

Glad to see you back, man! We were all seriously beginning to worry. Medical bankrupcy, along with being in all kinds of pain is a horrible thing to go through, and we're here for you.

Michael, Glad to see you back and sorry you have gone thru so much lately. We were talking about some of the old members and were they went, it's great to have you back. Hang in there you can't get this under control, lot's of folks here to talk to.

It is good to see you back! :mug:
I can relate to your diabetes. I was diadnosed with type 2 about 5 years ago so I know what you are going through. The biggest things that help me are keeping my weight down and exercise. (Not that I have been doing well with either lately) Diet is of course critical as well and don't forget to take your meds.
Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Good to have you back. Every month when I write a check for my medical insurance, I remind myself that a week in a hospital & I'd lose the house.

Looks like you survived, but your avatar did not...

Damn, I always loved your avatars!!!

:cross:

Anyway, welcome back!

:D

Back